Find or connect to a TELUS Wi-Fi location
Learn about #TELUS hotspots
TELUS Wi-Fi is a free service offered at select locations such as stadiums, airports, cafes, restaurants, and shopping malls. To find the nearest TELUS Wi-Fi public hotspot, simply use this locator tool: TELUSor the .
How it works
TELUS Wi-Fi keeps you connected outside your home – on your smartphone, tablet or laptop. It is a free service, offered both to TELUS customers and non-customers.
To connect to TELUS Wi-Fi you need to register on the #TELUS network that is available at all of our hotspots. See below for details.
Note: The speed of the TELUS Wi-Fi connection can vary depending on the number of users that are connected to the TELUS Wi-Fi hotspot
Register on the #TELUS network
No special software or password is required; all you need is a Wi-Fi enabled device. Just follow these steps:
- Select the #TELUS network name from your device’s Wi-Fi settings menu.
- Open a new browser tab and you will be automatically re-directed to the TELUS Wi-Fi registration page. Note: if your browser is already open, you must open a new tab.
- Enter your name and email address, and agree to the TELUS Wi-Fi Service Terms.
- TELUS will send a confirmation email to the address you provided and give you 10 minutes of Internet access. Open your email on the same device and confirm your address by clicking the link in the message. Note: If you don’t see the TELUS activation email within a few minutes, make sure to check your Junk mail folder.
Once you have registered, you can connect seamlessly to all TELUS Wi-Fi locations for 30 days. After 30 days, you will need to register again. The #TELUS Wi-Fi network is open to TELUS and non-TELUS customers.
Find a nearby TELUS Wi-Fi hotspot
To find the nearest TELUS Wi-Fi public hotspot, simply use this locator tool:or .
You can also download the TELUS Wi-Fi Finder app or My TELUS app for your Apple or Android device:
What wireless network name should I look for?
Why am I not getting a login screen on my browser?
This could be caused by many different reasons. You can try re-open your Internet browser and navigate to http://www.example.com or clear the browser cache.
Why can’t I access the 10 minutes of Wi-Fi provided by TELUS to access the confirmation email?
Try opening a new tab on your browser and navigate to http://www.example.com or clear the browser cache.
Why is the confirmation email giving me an error when I click on the Activation link?
There may be a few reasons this is happening:
- Make sure you are clicking on the Activation link from latest confirmation email
- Make sure you are not moving around while completing the registration process
- You may have taken more than 10 minutes to click on the Activation link
Can I use my Smartphone as a hotspot for my computer to access the confirmation email?
No, because you are using two different Wi-Fi networks – #TELUS to start the registration process, and your hotspot to finish it, which will result in an error.
When trying to connect my laptop, can I activate the confirmation email use my Smartphone?
Yes, you can!
Why didn’t I get the confirmation email?
Try checking your Junk Mail folder, since some email providers will route the email there.
Will I have to register every time I use the #TELUS Wi-Fi network?
Nope! Once you have registered, you can connect seamlessly to all TELUS Wi-Fi locations for 30 days (or 180 days if you registered with MyTELUS or Koodo Self-Serve account). After this time period, you will need to register again. The #TELUS Wi-Fi network is open to TELUS and non-TELUS customers.
How many devices can I connect, and do I need a different email for each one?
You can connect as many wireless devices as you wish to the #TELUS network. You will however have to register each device, but can use the same email address for each one.
Why can I no longer connect to the #TELUSDirect network?
We turned down the #TELUSDirect network based on customer feedback. To make things simple, all you need to look for is #TELUS.
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience