How to self-install your TELUS Wi-Fi Hub
Let's help you self-install your TELUS Wi-Fi Hub with these instructions.
These articles can be useful when you’ve already got some or all of the TELUS equipment at your disposal. If you are awaiting equipment, your self-install kit should arrive within 3-5 business days of when you placed your order.
You can track your order through Canada Post with the tracking number included in the order confirmation email (Subject: Confirmation of changes to your TELUS account), or the one sent by SMS to your account’s contact information.
The self-installation process for PureFibre High Speed Internet access normally takes around 30 minutes, but may vary and can take longer.
As a reminder, replacing a gateway will result in a change of settings to your internet setup, specifically Wi-Fi settings (SSID and Passphrase). Be sure to connect all of your devices to the new network once you are done with the gateway setup.
What you need
Arcadyan TELUS WiFi Hub (TWH)
In order to install your modem, you must have completed the configuration of an ONT, if applicable. Learn more about.
Optik TV subscribers: Once the TELUS gateway is activated, you can proceed to. Only after your PVR Drive is initialized should you continue with the install of your Optik TV Wireless Digital Box(es) for each of your TV sets.
Download the self-install guide PDF
If you would like another copy of the self-install guide, you can download the following PDF:
TELUS Gateway removal
To change an existing TELUS modem, please follow the steps below first.
Locate your current modem.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the existing modem. We suggest taking a photo for future reference
- For the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub with fibre connector, remove the green connector from the fibre connector
- Lift the green tab on the fibre connector still inside the modem until you hear a "click" sound
- Then pull the tab to remove the module from the modem
TELUS Wi-Fi Hub self-installation
Warning: Additional precautions must be taken when working near an electrical panel. TELUS recommends that a certified electrician be hired if electrical work needs to be done.
Install your TELUS Wi-Fi Hub by following these steps :
- Connect the new power adapter to the new modem router and plug it into a wall outlet.Your modem is initializing, this operation may take a few minutes
- Run the ethernet cable from the WAN port of the TWH to the back of the fibre terminal
- If you have just changed the modem, please reconnect all the ethernet cables as on the previous modem
- Connect devices such as computers, smartphones and tablets to Wi-Fi using the wireless network name and password on the top of the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub
- Installing this new modem has changed your current wireless network settings (name and password). If you changed the settings on your old equipment and want to restore on it in order to avoid having to reconfigure all of your equipment, and configure the name and password from your previous wireless network
Congratulations, you have completed the configuration and are now connected to your Wi-Fi network. To learn how to connect a mobile device like a tablet or smartphone to your wireless modem router, go to.
For additional support including online chat, please visit.