TELUS email powered by Google: What you need to know
In 2020, we will transition all TELUS email accounts to be powered by Google, which will require you to take action and will also mean a change in the way you use your TELUS email today
Welcome to TELUS email powered by Google
We are excited to announce that we are partnering with Google to power our TELUS email service.
To provide our customers with the best possible email experience, TELUS has started the process of transitioning all existing TELUS email accounts to a platform powered by Google.
TELUS’s current infrastructure is not able to support the long-term needs of our customers, and moving to a cloud-based platform aligns with industry standards. TELUS has partnered with one of the best and most recognizable names in the industry to power our email services. As always, for TELUS Internet customers, TELUS email remains free of charge.
After migration, TELUS email customers will benefit from increased reliability via a globally-available cloud-based platform, enhanced security and 15 GB of storage space, which is triple the current space.
Please note your email address (ending in @telus.net or @telusplanet.net) will not change, but the way you access your email will be different.
The migrations will be occurring in waves over the next few months to make the transition smooth. Customers will receive an invitation in their inbox before their migration occurs. Rest assured, we will be migrating all emails, contacts and calendar events to the new platform.
This site will be your home for helpful information about the transition. Please bookmark this site or press Ctrl+D to find it easily going forward.
What is staying the same?
We want to reassure you that the following will not change:
- Your email addresses ending in @telus.net and @telusplanet.net (including any aliases you may have created)
- TELUS is here to provide support with your TELUS email, regardless of the platform
- You can reset your password by visiting
- We will migrate all your email accounts, emails, contacts and calendar events stored in the existing platform
What is changing?
We know you will love your new TELUS email experience. Here are a few things that will be different once you activate your account:
A single login: You will have one single login for your account. While this may not apply to you, many of our TELUS email customers have multiple aliases, which they use to log in to their email accounts. Once in Google, you will only log in with one of them. Note that this does not mean you will lose your aliases. We are migrating all aliases in your account
Your email inbox will be found at: If you are a WebMail user, you will no longer access your email at webmail.telus.net. You will access your email at mail.google.com once your account is migrated. We recommend that you bookmark that page today to make it easy to find your email in the future. But don’t worry, if you go to WebMail by mistake, we will guide you back to mail.google.com
The best mobile experience is through the Gmail app: Prior to the migration, you have likely been using third party email apps such as Outlook or Apple Mail to access your email on your phone or tablet. After your account is migrated, the best mobile experience will be through the
If you use other email apps, you will have to update your settings: If you still want to continue using other email apps, you will have to follow some steps. Learn how toor a
There are some things we will not migrate: We will migrate all your email accounts, emails, contacts and calendar events, but, such as email forwarding rules or filtering settings you have today. You will have to re-enter them after your email migration
Note: We will not migrate emails, contacts or calendar events that you saved on your device or computer as they are not stored on our platform.
You will love your new TELUS email experience. Here’s why:
- Triple your current storage space from 5 GB to 15 GB
- Share your calendar with friends and family
- Easily check your email on any device
- Enjoy peace of mind with upgraded reliability and security
Things to know before your email migration
If your TELUS email account has not yet been migrated, an invitation is on its way to you. Here’s what you can expect:
- You will receive an invitation from us. Follow the directions in the email to securely schedule your migration date and choose the details of your migration. (Please note that due to the number of customers who use TELUS email today, we will be migrating all accounts using a phased approach.) You will receive an invitation anywhere from June to September 2020. Can’t wait to get your invite? You can get an early access pass through the , in the Notifications section. This app is free, and it helps you take control of your TELUS Wi-Fi
- You will be asked to log in to TELUS Webmail: This way, you will securely be able to choose your migration preferences. If you don’t remember your password, please visit
- You will be required to activate your account in Google: On your account migration day, we will notify you to let you know when you can activate your account in Google. This step completes the migration process. We have put together a to help you navigate the experience on the day of your migration. You will find step-by-step instructions to make this a smooth experience for you
- If you have an account in Google using your TELUS email address as its username, there are some additional steps. To help you, we have created a to activate your TELUS email account in Google. The checklist will also ensure you rename your previous Google account.
Things to know after your email has been migrated
When your TELUS email is powered by Google, there will be the following changes:
- For the best web browser and desktop experience, access your account at
- For the best mobile experience, download the Gmail app today. But if you prefer to continue using other email apps such as Outlook or Apple Mail, you will have to follow some steps. Learn how to or a
- Personalize your email settings by visiting some of the pages
- Be reminded that we have migrated all your email accounts, emails, contact and calendar events. But , such as email forwarding rules or filtering settings you have today. You will have to re-enter them
Please explore other support articles in thesection to find the answers to all your questions.