Welcome to TELUS email powered by Google
We are excited to announce that we are partnering with Google to power our TELUS email service.
To provide our customers with the best possible email experience, TELUS is in the process of transitioning all existing TELUS email accounts to a platform powered by Google.
TELUS’s current infrastructure is not able to support the long-term needs of our customers, and moving to a cloud-based platform aligns with industry standards. TELUS has partnered with one of the best and most recognizable names in the industry to power our email services. As always, for TELUS Internet customers, TELUS email remains free of charge.
After migration, TELUS email customers will benefit from increased reliability via a globally-available cloud-based platform, enhanced security and 15 GB of storage space, which is triple the current space.
Please note your email address (ending in @telus.net or @telusplanet.net) will not change, but the way you access your email will be different.
Customers email migrations will be occurring in waves through 2020 to make the transition smooth. Customers will receive an invitation in their inbox before their migration occurs. We will be migrating all emails, contacts and calendar events to the new platform.
This site will be your home for helpful information about the transition. Please bookmark this site or press Ctrl+D to find it easily going forward.
What is staying the same?
We want to reassure you that the following will not change:
- Your email addresses ending in @telus.net and @telusplanet.net (including any aliases you created)
- TELUS is here to provide support with your TELUS email, regardless of the platform
- You can reset your password by visiting telus.com/reset
- We will migrate all your email accounts, emails, contacts and calendar events stored in the existing platform
- There is no cost for this change. Your TELUS email will continue to be included in your TELUS Internet subscription
What is changing?
We know you will love your new TELUS email experience. Here are a few things that will be different once you activate your account:
A single login: To ensure secure access to your account, you will have one single login for your account. While this may not apply to you, many of our TELUS email customers have multiple aliases, which they use to log in to their email accounts. Once in Google, you will gain access to all your alias accounts through one login. We are migrating all aliases in your account
Your email inbox will be found at mail.google.com: If you are a WebMail user, you will no longer access your email at webmail.telus.net. You will access your email at mail.google.com once your account is migrated. We recommend that you bookmark that page today to make it easy to find your email in the future. But don’t worry, if you go to WebMail by mistake, we will guide you back to mail.google.com
The best mobile experience is through the Gmail app: Prior to the migration, you have likely been using third party email apps such as Outlook or Apple Mail to access your email on your phone or tablet. After your account is migrated, the best mobile experience will be through the Gmail app
If you prefer to use other email apps (like Outlook, Apple Mail etc.), you will have to update your settings: If you still want to continue using other email apps, you will need to take action. Access instructions on how to set up your TELUS email on a computer or a mobile device by visiting telus.com/setup
There are some things we will not migrate: We will migrate all your email accounts, emails, contacts and calendar events, but we will not migrate some things, such as email forwarding rules or filtering settings you have today. You will be required to re-enter them after your email migration
Note: We will not migrate emails, contacts or calendar events that you saved on your device or computer as they are not stored on our platform.
You will love your new TELUS email experience. Here’s why:
- Triple your current storage space from 5 GB to 15 GB
- Share your calendar with friends and family
- Easily check your email on any device
- Enjoy peace of mind with upgraded reliability and security
Steps to complete your email migration
We are working hard to ensure you have the best experience. We will ask you to complete the following steps to ensure your TELUS email is working the way you expect.
Step 1: Schedule your migration
- You will receive an invitation from us. Follow the directions in the email to securely schedule your migration date and choose the details of your migration. (Please note that due to the number of customers who use TELUS email today, we will be migrating all accounts using a staggered approach.) You will receive an invitation anywhere from June 2020 onwards. Can’t wait to get your invite? You can get an early access pass through the My Wi-Fi app, in the Notifications section. This app is free, and it helps you take control of your TELUS Wi-Fi
- Schedule your migration by logging in to TELUS Webmail: This way, you will securely be able to choose your migration preferences. If you don’t remember your password, please visit telus.com/reset
- Learn how to schedule your TELUS email migration
Step 2: Activate your account in Google
- We will notify you on the day of your migration: On your account migration day, we will send you an email or text message (SMS) notification to let you know when you can activate your account in Google.
- To activate your account, we will ask you to visit mail.google.com/a/telus.net. You will then enter your TELUS email in the username field, and your current password. If you don’t remember your password, please visit telus.com/reset
- Visit telus.com/setup for additional details on how to activate your TELUS email account. You will find step-by-step instructions to make this a smooth experience for you
- If you have an account in Google using your TELUS email address as its username, there are some additional steps. To help you, we have created a migration day checklist for Google users to activate your TELUS email account in Google. The checklist will also ensure you rename your previous Google account
Step 3: Set up your TELUS email on your devices
- The best experience is with gmail.com and the Gmail app. Using your web browser (Google Chrome is the preferred browser), visit gmail.com or mail.google.com. Log in with your credentials and change your settings to match your preferences. Using your mobile devices, download the Gmail app for Android or Apple devices and complete the set up in your Settings
- If you prefer, you can still access your email using other email clients or apps, and you will have to complete some extra steps. For detailed instructions for a number of email clients, such as Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc., visit telus.com/setup
- Be reminded that we have migrated all your email accounts, emails, contact and calendar events. But we have not migrated some things, such as email forwarding rules or filtering settings you have today. You will have to re-enter them