Internet speed test
Measure the speed of your Internet connection
This page measures speeds directly to your device. To measure speeds to your TELUS modem and your device, download our.
Use this speed test to estimate both the download and upload speed of your Internet connection.
Understanding your results
Internet speed refers to how quickly information can be transmitted back and forth from the Internet to your computer. Internet speeds are measured in Mbps (Megabits per second).
- Download speed is how quickly information is transmitted from the Internet to your computer. When it comes to playing games, watching video and listening to streaming music on the web, this is the key number
- Upload speed is how quickly you can send information from your computer to the Internet
- Ping is the reaction time of your connection. A fast ping means a more responsive connection, ideal for video gaming. A ping response under 50ms is considered acceptable
Need faster Internet?
If your existing Internet plan is delivering its stated speed but is still too slow for your needs, consider.
Find faster plans so you can browse, stream and watch more.
If you are only experiencing slow speeds in certain areas of your home located further away from your modem,provides additional coverage.
Get better results
- You can use the to check speeds between the TELUS network and your home. This will help you determine if there are any issues with your Wi-Fi or if there is anything outside the home affecting your speeds.
- Performing a test over Wi-Fi may result in lower than expected results. Every device has a different maximum Wi-Fi speed and this may limit the test to a certain speed. For more information on this matter, please visit
- Do not download, upload, or browse the web while conducting the test
- Use your TELUS modem to conduct the test
- If you have Optik TV, ensure that your set top boxes are turned off as they will consume Internet bandwidth
If you are experiencing issues with your Internet speed see the following articles:
For more information and troubleshooting guides see theSupport topic.
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience