Slow Internet speed
Step-by-step personalized troubleshooting for slow Internet speeds
Step-by-step personalized troubleshooting
Run a complete diagnostic of your equipment and services. Our automated solutions dig deep to uncover problems and provide the simplest troubleshooting process.
Login and run diagnostics >
Don’t have an account or can’t log in right now?
Try our step-by-step guide with visual references.
Fix my slow Internet issues >
Comfortable with technology?
Try these steps below for a quick fix to your slow internet issues:
- For slow wireless speeds in specific areas of your home:
- Restart your device next to the modem
- If speeds slow down again, you may want to extend your Wi-Fi coverage with Boost Wi-Fi in your home
- Make sure your modem is:
- At its original installation location and off the floor
- Placed away from windows or objects that may obstruct the signal
- Not placed inside a cabinet
- Heavy usage such as uploading and downloading files or streaming HD media on multiple devices can give the illusion of you having no internet connection. Turn off the devices you are not using or upgrade to a faster speed plan
- If only certain devices have slow internet, it may be a device capability issue. See our support page on Wi-Fi performance explained for more details
- If internet is slow only on a certain website(s) then try opening a few other websites. If only this website is slow, then it’s a website specific issue
- Avoid using your devices near appliances such as microwaves, baby monitors or cordless phone stations
- Disconnect inactive Wi-Fi devices or connect them by ethernet