Set up TELUS email on your computer using Apple Mail
Access your TELUS email account through Apple Mail
Not your email client?
To support this application, you need to complete the steps in the less secure applications (LSA) set-up. For more information, visit the support page on.
In the Gmail web interface
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Settings
- From the top menu, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP
To use IMAP (recommended method)
- In that menu under IMAP access, select Enable IMAP
- Select Save changes
In Apple Mail
- Launch System Preferences by selecting its icon in the Dock or by selecting System preferences from the Apple menu
- Select Internet accounts
- In the Internet Accounts pane are email and social media account types that are compatible with the Mac. Choose the Google icon
- Select Open browser when prompted to do so in the drop-down window
- Enter your TELUS account name (email address) in the window that opens and select Next
- Enter your TELUS account password and then select Next or Set-up (depending on your OS version)
- The drop-down panel changes to display a list of apps on your Mac that can make use of your TELUS Gmail account. Place a check next to Mail, and optionally, Calendar and Contacts, and select Done
Your TELUS email account is automatically setup in the Mail application.