Find out the charges applicable for device setup, rate plan change, late payment and more.
Changes to your service may require a one-time fee. This list makes it easy to see if any of these charges apply to you. These fees may vary over time, so please check back prior to making your transaction to ensure you are looking at the most current info.
|Change your phone number||Customized $35 / Non-customized $15|
|Prepaid top-up/service changes||$2|
|Rate plan change||$15|
|Transfer of ownership||$45|
*Subject to change over time. Applicable taxes extra.
**The $50 fee is not charged in Quebec or Nova Scotia for activations after April 30, 2013, Newfoundland for activations after September 26, 2012, or Manitoba for activations after September 14, 2012, because of the consumer protection legislation in those provinces.
The $45 connection fee includes a SIM card and access to a TELUS team member to process your activation or renewal along with other exclusive TELUS services like Smart Start, Learning Sessions and the Device Checkup App.
Note: All Business and Exclusive Partner Program (EPP) activations & renewals will incur the standard connection fee charge.
To view and print your bill online for free:
- Log in to your online account
- Select Billing
- You can view, download and print bills at the bottom of the page. The last 18 months of bills will be available to view
If you request a copy of your bill be re-printed and mailed to you, the charge is $3 per bill. You can’t make this request in TELUS stores.
Change your phone number
To change your number online for free:
- Log in to your online account
- Select Mobility under Manage services
- Select the number you wish to change
- Select Change phone number
- Follow the prompts to either choose a new phone number or add a number being transferred
If your current number is from Alberta, British Columbia or Ontario, you can change your number to one from any province. If your current number is from any other province, you must choose a number from that same province.
If you request a customized phone number by phone or in a TELUS store, the charge is $35. The charge for a non-customized phone number change is $15.
If you switch your device or SIM card in a TELUS store and receive full device setup without renewing the term of your service agreement, the charge is $35.
- Switching from a 3G (CDMA) device to another 3G (CDMA) device or to a 4G device
- Switching from a 4G device to another 4G device or to a 3G (CDMA) device
A full setup includes:
- SIM card and device setup
- Setup for all calling/data services, including email, voice mail and your online account
This fee does not apply when you:
- Activate a device on a new service agreement
- Renew your service on a new term commitment
- Exchange an activated device within 14 days of purchase
Prepaid top-up/service changes
If a TELUS representative helps you top-up or purchase a rate plan or add-on by phone or in a TELUS store, the charge is $2.
You can change rate plans and add add-on plans yourself by logging in to your account.
Rate plan change
To change your rate plan online for free:
- Log in to your My TELUS account
- Select Plans and devices for the number you want to manage
- Select Change your plan
If you change your rate plan in a TELUS store or by phone, a $15 charge may apply. This fee includes a full consultation with a TELUS representative to learn how the rate plan change impacts your bill.
Note: You can change your rate plan online only once per bill cycle.
If your account is reconnected after suspension due to non-payment or suspension after reaching the credit limit, the charge is $45 per account.
When you cancel your TELUS services (by phone only) before your service term ends, you must pay your outstanding device balance. There is also a charge of $50 if you activated before November 17, 2013. Recurring charges such as your monthly plan and add-ons will be prorated to reflect only the portion of the month in which your wireless service was still active.
The $50 fee is not charged in these instances:
- Quebec or Nova Scotia for activations after April 30, 2013
- Newfoundland for activations after September 26, 2012
- Manitoba for activations after September 14, 2012
Transfer of ownership
If you transfer your TELUS account to a new owner (by phone only), the charge is $45.
Payments returned due to insufficient or unavailable funds by cheque or pre-authorized chequing account are subject to a $25 administration fee.
If payment of an amount due is not received by us by the required payment date specified on your bill, it will be considered a delinquent amount. It will be subject to a late payment charge of 3% per month, calculated and compounded monthly on the delinquent amount (42.58% per year) from the date of the first invoice on which the delinquent amount appears until the date we receive the amount in full.