Samsung Galaxy Watch FAQ
Everything you need to know about the new Samsung Galaxy Watch
What do I need get started with my Samsung Galaxy Watch?
- Samsung smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Watch works with Samsung devices (Samsung Galaxy S6 or newer) that are operating on Android 5 OS or higher.
- The Samsung smartphone must have at least 1.5 GB of total RAM & TELUS VoLTE capable
- Must be on an existing TELUS Your Choice or Share Plus plan
- Must add on shareable data for the watch, starting at $10/month
Can I use the Samsung Galaxy Watch across Canada on the TELUS network?
Yes, with amazing coverage and fast, reliable service, you can stay connected
across the country with your Samsung Galaxy Watch.
Can I use the cellular services on my Samsung Galaxy Watch when traveling outside of Canada?
No, currently you cannot roam with your Samsung Galaxy Watch. You can continue
to use your Samsung Galaxy Watch with Bluetooth enabled while travelling to make
and receive calls, and send and receive text messages. Your Samsung smartphone
will also continue to function as normal.
Can I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch without my Samsung smartphone nearby?
Yes, if your Samsung Galaxy Watch is connected to a cellular network or Wi-Fi, your
watch can do everything that it normally does, even if your Samsung smartphone isn't nearby. Your paired Samsung smartphone must be powered on and connected to
Wi-Fi or the TELUS network to send or receive text messages and email.
You can, however, make calls from your Samsung Galaxy Watch even when your Samsung
smartphone is turned off.
I already purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch. How do I activate it with TELUS?
Eligible customers can activate their Samsung Galaxy Watch by following the
activation instructions on their Samsung smartphone. They will be prompted to add
the plan when they set up their Samsung Galaxy Watch through their Samsung
Galaxy Watch app.
Self-serve activation requires customers to have the following:
- Access to their My TELUS profile
- Manager privileges and authorization to make changes to their account
- A Samsung Galaxy Watch
Users will only be able to register for select plans through the self-serve activation
If a Business customer experiences difficulty activating their Samsung Galaxy Watch,
they will need to call TELUS directly at 1-866-558-2273 or visit a TELUS location to
activate their Watch on a Small Business Watch plan. Corporate customers
must visit a dealer location or call TELUS directly.
How do I set up my Samsung Galaxy Watch?
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your Samsung device to pair your Samsung Galaxy Watch. Follow the on-device instructions to set up your Samsung Galaxy Watch with TELUS
- Grant the Galaxy Wearable app the necessary permissions. Review the Galaxy Wearable terms and conditions and select Agree
- Enter your My TELUS username and password and select Continue. Review the terms and conditions and select Agree
- Enter your emergency address and select Confirm
- Review the rate plan add-on and select Accept
- Your Samsung Watch has been successfully connected
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience