Reset a ZyXEL VSG-1432 modem
How to reset a ZyXEL modem to original factory settings
Not your modem?
Factory resetting your modem will put all the settings back to default configuration. You should only do this if you are instructed to do so by one of our agents or one of our support articles.
To reset your ZyXEL VSG-1432 to its original factory settings:
- Locate the red reset button on the back of the device.
- Using a thin object (ex. a needle, paper clip, toothpick), press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds until the Internet light turns red.
- Release the reset button.
- Your modem will restart automatically. Please allow up to 10 minutes for the process to complete
- To reconnect to your modem, you will need to use the default Wi-Fi name and password listed on the sticker on the side of your modem.
Factory resetting your modem will erase and reset any customized Wi-Fi name and password you may have. If you require assistance setting up a customized network name and password visit.
Note: Restarting or resetting your modem may only provide a temporary fix to your problem, if you find the issue reoccursin order for us to find and fix the root cause of your problem.
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience