Oops! I forgot my mobile voicemail password
No worries! You can reset your voicemail password from your mobile phone by following these simple steps:
- Step 1: Call in to voicemail using your mobile phone, and when prompted to enter password, enter a password that you remember
- Step 2: After two unsuccessful attempts to enter a correct password, you will be asked if you want to receive a temporary password using text message. Press “1”
- Step 3: Check your text message inbox; you should receive your temporary voicemail password in a few minutes
- Step 4: Call back to voicemail from your mobile phone again, and use this temporary password to access your voicemail. Remember to follow the prompts to change your password right away!
Note: For the security of your personal information on your mobile phone, always remember to lock your phone.
I want to change my mobile voicemail password
If you know your password and want to change it, follow the steps below:
- Dial in. Either:
- From your mobile device, dial 1 + your 10-digit cellular number + SEND
- From a landline, dial your 10-digit mobile number and press the star key to interrupt the system greeting
- When prompted, enter your current password. You are now in the Main Menu of the voice mail system:
- Press 4 for Personal Options
- Press 2 for Administrative Options
- Press 1 for Password Options
- Press 1 for Change Personal Password
- Type old password and press #
- Type your new password and press #
- Note: Choose a password that is hard for others to guess. Avoid using repetitive and sequential numbers such as 1111, 1234, etc.
- Press # to confirm new password
- To protect your privacy and security, TELUS recommends choosing to always require your password even when calling from your own phone
To turn the Bypass Password feature on or off
- From the Main Menu press 48
- Listen for the confirmation message
Voicemail Quick Reference Guide
Download the handy TELUS Voicemail Quick Reference Guide for feature reference and helpful tips.