Important: If you want to modify your camera’s network settings, you can update them via the web portal if the device is still connected to power and is currently connected to an existing internet connection. If your camera is not currently connected to the internet, you will need to follow a different set of instructions. Read below to find out how.
My video camera is connected to an existing internet connection
To change your camera’s network settings, follow these instructions here:
- Log in to the web portal
- Select Video
- Select Settings
- In the "Video device" dropdown menu, select the camera you would like to modify your Wireless Network settings for
- To enter the new settings:
i. Select Copy to copy the network information from another connected camera. This is recommended if there are other cameras on the account already connected to the new Wi-Fi network.
ii. Select Scan to scan for, enter the Wi-Fi password, and connect the camera to a new Wi-Fi network
iii. Select Manual to manually enter the network’s SSID, Wi-Fi password, and encryption type
- To apply the same wireless settings to all other cameras on the account:
i. Select Advanced
ii. Enable Apply these settings to all wireless cameras on this account
Note: This setting only applies to other Indoor or Outdoor Cameras on the account that are currently connected to an active internet connection in order for this setting to be applied. Doorbell Cameras must be reconfigured separately.
- Select Continue to apply the new wireless networking settings.
My video camera is not connected to an existing internet connection
If you get a new router or you changed your Wi-Fi credentials (i.e. your network name or password) on the existing network, you will need to reconfigure your camera’s settings. To reconnect your Indoor Camera or Outdoor Camera (V722 model) to the internet, follow these steps here.
- Hold down the WPS button on the back of the camera and release when the LED begins to flash white (about 6 seconds)
- Join the Alarm (XX:XX:XX) Wi-Fi network from your mobile phone or on your computer
- While connected to the Alarm Wi-Fi network, go to http://ADCsetup in a browser and follow the on-screen steps
i. Select language
ii. Select Scan for Wi-Fi Networks
iii. Select the Wi-Fi network you would like your camera to connect to
iv. Type in your Wi-Fi password as the security key
v. Select Save. When you see a message, your camera is connected to the Internet and you can close the browser tab. The camera’s light should be solid green when the connection is complete