Program your Slimline Remote 2 for Optik TV
How to program your remote or power sync your digital box
Not your remote?
Before you begin
Locate the remote codes your remote
Program your remote
If you need to reprogram your remote, locate the remove code from your remote to find the right code for your device. Once you have a code, proceed to step 1.
Alternatively use the user guide that came with your remote or use the download at the bottom of this page.
- Stand 6-8 feet away from the TV and ensure there is a line of sight between the remote and the digital box
- Ensure the digital box is on, and turn on the device you want to program the remote for. This could be your TV or an amplifier
- Set the volume of the digital box to 25 by using the remote volume button before you program a TV or amplifier
- Press and hold the Options button for 3 seconds, until the green LED next to the Optik power button on the remote control flashes twice
- Enter the 4-digit code for the brand of your device generated from the Remote code tool. The LED light beside the TV power button will flash twice in red when a TV code is entered; and will flash twice in yellow when an amplifier code is entered. If this fails to work, use the Remote code tool to generate another code for your device brand and start again at step 1
- Press and hold the TV power button until your TV switches off
- As soon as your TV switches off, remove your finger from the TV power button and press OK to confirm. The red TV light will flash twice
- Press the TV power button again to switch your TV back on
- If you do not find a code that works for you try the following code: Press and hold the Options button for 3 seconds, until the green LED next to the Optik power button on the remote control flashes twice
- Enter the code 0029 for TV and your remote will search for a code that may work.
Note: This may take up to 15 minutes. The TV or aux light will flash. Press okay and then the TV should be synced
- For DVD and blue ray enter 0044
- For Amplifiers enter 0079
Power sync your digital box and TV
- You can set up your digital box and TV to turn on with 1 button press. Press and hold the Options button for 3 seconds, until the green LED on the remote control flashes twice
- Enter code 0007 – the green LED will flash twice. The Optik power button will then turn on both your digital box and TV (and amplifier if programmed). To turn power sync off, enter code 0006 and the green LED will flash twice
Purchase or replace your Optik remote
Remote not working as it should? Learn more about options to.
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience