Program your Slimline Remote 2 for Optik TV
How to set up your remote or power sync your digital box
Not your remote?
Before you begin
Locate the remote codes for your remote
Program your remote
If you need to reprogram your remote, first locate the remote code from your remote. See above in the Before you begin section to locate your code
Once you have the code, proceed to step 1 on the list below.
Alternatively, you can consult the user guide that came with your remote or the downloadable remote code list at the bottom of this page.
- Stand 6-8 feet away from the TV and make sure there is a line of sight between the remote and the digital box
- Make sure the digital box is on. Then turn on the device, such as your TV or amplifier, that you want your remote to control. This could be your TV or an amplifier
- Before you program your TV or amplifier, set the digital box volume to 25 by using the remote volume button before you program a TV or amplifier
- Press and hold the Options button for 3 seconds, until the green LED next to the Optik power button on the remote control flashes twice
- Enter the 4-digit code for the brand of your device generated from the Remote code tool. The LED light beside the TV power button will flash twice in red when a TV code is entered; it will flash twice in yellow when an amplifier code is entered. If this fails to work, use the Remote code tool to generate another code for your device brand and start again at step 1
- Press and hold the TV power button until your TV switches off
- As soon as your TV switches off, remove your finger from the TV power button and press OK to confirm. The red TV light will flash twice
- Press the TV power button again to switch your TV back on
- If you do not find a code that works for you try the following code: Press and hold the Options button for 3 seconds, until the green LED next to the Optik power button on the remote control flashes twice
- For a TV, enter the code 0029 and your remote will search for a code that may work
Note: This may take up to 15 minutes. The TV or AUX light will flash when complete. Press Okay and then the TV should be synced
- For DVD and Blue-ray enter 0044 - For amplifiers enter 0079
Power sync your digital box and TV
- You can set up your digital box and TV to turn on with one button press. Press and hold the Options button for 3 seconds, until the green LED on the remote control flashes twice
- Enter code 0007 – The green LED will flash twice. The Optik power button will then turn on both your digital box and TV (It will also turn on your amplifier, if programmed). To turn power sync off, enter code 0006 and the green LED will flash twice
Purchase or replace your Optik remote
Did this article solve your problem?
Still have questions? Ask the TELUS community
Connect with the TELUS community and get answers from other customers on our forum, the TELUS Neighbourhood.