Other factors impacting your Wi-Fi internet speed
Troubleshoot your slow Wi-Fi
Only experiencing slow speeds in certain areas of your home
If you’re only experiencing slow speeds in certain areas of your home it may be that you are experiencing coverage issues.
TELUS offers Boost Wi-Fi to improve coverage in your home. Learn more about Boost Wi-Fi
Slow connection at certain times of the day
If you’re experiencing a slow connection at certain times of the day, it is likely that the network-connected devices in your home are using more data than your network connection can keep up with. In addition to these bandwidth constraints, if you live in a home with many other Wi-Fi networks nearby, you may experience Wi-Fi congestion during busy times of the day.
Bandwidth is the amount of data that can be transferred from one point to another within a network, in a specific amount of time. Typically, network bandwidth is expressed as a bitrate and measured in bits per second (bps).
Only experiencing slow speeds on certain devices
If you’re experiencing a slow connection only on certain devices, it is likely that you are experiencing a device-based issue.
- Ensure that the operating systems and drivers on your devices are up to date. Check the device manufacturer’s website for further assistance
- Wi-Fi devices will have a maximum Wi-Fi speed, learn more about device capabilities here
- Upgrade to a newer device
Slow connection on a specific website or app
If you’re experiencing slow speeds on a specific website, but others are working fine, the problem isn’t with your internet service.
- The website is likely experiencing technical issues. We recommend waiting some time before checking again
- If a particular app is working slowly, we suggest deleting the app from your device and reinstalling it
If you are still experiencing speed issues, please contact us for further assistance.