Other factors impacting your Wi-Fi internet speed
Troubleshoot your slow Wi-Fi
If you found that the speed tests are in line with your Internet plan but you are still experiencing slow speeds, the problem may not be with your internet service but a result of other factors.
Please find below details of other factors that may impact your speed experience and steps you can take.
Only experiencing slow speeds in certain areas of your home
If you’re only experiencing slow speeds in certain areas of your home it may be that you are experiencing coverage issues.
TELUS offers Boost Wi-Fi to improve coverage in your home. Learn more about
Slow connection at certain times of the day
If you’re receiving a slow connection at certain times of the day, it is likely that your bandwidth is being used by other devices in your home. In addition to bandwidth sharing, if you live in a home with many other Wi-Fi networks nearby, you may experience Wi-Fi congestion during busy times of the day.
- If you do not require all devices to be connected, turn them off and this should free up bandwidth
- Installing Boost Wi-Fi can help with Wi-Fi congestion. Learn more about
- If you find that you consistently have multiple devices using up your bandwidth, consider upgrading your
Only experiencing slow speeds on certain devices
If you’re experiencing a slow connection only on certain devices, it is likely that you are experiencing a device based issue.
- Ensure that the operating systems and drivers on your devices are up to date. Check the device manufacturer’s website for further assistance
- Wi-Fi devices will have a maximum Wi-Fi speed, learn more about device capabilities
- Upgrade to a newer device
Slow connection on a specific website or app
If you’re experiencing slow speeds on a specific website, but others are working fine, the problem isn’t with your internet service.
- The website is likely experiencing technical issues. We recommend waiting some time before checking again
- If a particular app is working slowly, we suggest deleting the app from your device and reinstalling it
If you find you are still experiencing speed issues pleasefor further assistance.
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience