What you need to know about the NHL on Optik app
The NHL on Optik TV app allows you to follow your home team throughout the NHL season with standings, schedules and games stats all available in one convenient location. You can access the app at any time within your apps menu by pressing the apps/interactive button on your remote control or by tuning in to channel 910.
You can also view your NHL on Optik on the home screen when you turn on your TV or by pressing the left arrow on your remote while watching live TV.
Don’t have Optik TV? View our packages and sign up today.
We invite you to share feedback and get additional support on our community forum, Neighbourhood.
NHL on Optik features
On the app, customers will get a chance to quickly stay up to date with NHL activities, including the ability to:
- Access up-to-date standings and playoffs brackets based on conference and division
- View schedules and up-to-date scores
- Change schedule options based on team preferences
- Follow any NHL Playoffs team to highlight their standing, schedule and score on the app
- View game-specific stats, detailed box scores, period-by-period breakdowns and team rosters/stats
Using the NHL on Optik app
You can access the app in three ways:
- In your apps menu (by using the Apps button on your remote or by accessing Menu and then TV apps on your screen)
- Tuning in to channel 910
- On Homescreen in the apps row when you turn on your TV or by pressing the left arrow on your remote while watching live TV. If you don’t see the app listed initially, select View all to access
Select a team
Users will have the option of choosing any playoffs team as your home team the first time you launch the app. You can always change your preference by pressing Options on your remote while on the landing page.
Use the arrows on your remote to navigate through the different features of NHL on Optik. Pressing Enter on your remote will take you to a separate page with more information:
- Tune in to the current game that is playing (top-left of the screen)
- View scores, schedules and the playoffs bracket (bottom-left of the screen)
- View current game scores (right of the screen)
View schedules and scores
You can go to the Schedules and scores page by pressing Enter on the selected section. On this page you will be able to:
- View schedules from the previous 11 days
- Tune in to live games by pressing Enter on the selected channel
- View up to date scores and schedules across all matchups
- Record future games by navigating to the game you wish to record and pressing the rec button on your remote
- Restart past games if the restart feature is available for that channel
You are also able to change your scheduling options by pressing Options on your remote where you will have the option to follow your favourite team’s current matchup’s schedule and navigate to other matchup schedules. Users can also use this function to:
- See all channels
- View only subscribed channels
- Hide scores
View bracket standings
You can go to the playoffs bracket page by clicking your desired bracket listed on the landing page. Matchups will dynamically change as the playoffs progress.
View game-specific stats
You can go to any game-specific page by selecting the game as it appears on the schedule. Dive into any game and view detailed box scores, period-by-period breakdowns and team rosters/stats.