Change your Wi-Fi network’s name and password - Actiontec T3200M (Quebec only)
How to change your Wi-Fi network name and password (Actiontec T3200M)
Not your modem?
Your Actiontec T3200M wireless gateway includes a preconfigured home Wi-Fi network. The name (SSID) and password of your home Wi-Fi network are printed on a label affixed to the side of your wireless gateway.
To configure a customized and secured home Wi-Fi network:
- Connect your computer directly to the gateway using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your gateway over your preconfigured home Wi-Fi network.
If you would like to change the default network name and password, follow the steps below:
- Launch your Web browser and enter the address http://192.168.1.254/ in the address bar.
- On the gateway’s login page, enter the administrator’s username and password (this information is found on your modem).
- At the top of the next screen, click Wireless Setup. You will be redirected to the Basic Settings screen.
- Change the SSID Name, entering a customized network name or that of the old equipment you have just replaced. This will save you from having to reconfigure all of your wireless devices for the new work.
- Select the Use Custom Key/Passphrase box, then clear the corresponding text box.
- Next, enter the desired password or that of the old equipment you have just replaced (8 to 63 characters).
- Click Apply.
It should take around 30 seconds to apply the new settings. If you are using the credentials from your old equipment, your devices should automatically recognize them and connect to the network. If you are using new credentials, you will have to connect your devices to the new customized network.