Internet 500 Mbps or higher - TELUS Wi-Fi Hub
Test your internet speed with the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub
Select another modem
If you have the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub and have a 500 Mbps or higher speed plan, then you should download TELUS My Wi-Fi app to measure the speed of the internet being delivered to your modem.
Please note this speed may differ from the speed you are able to achieve with each device in your home, as different devices have different capabilities.
How to use TELUS My Wi-Fi app to measure your internet speed
- Follow instructions to which allows you to check your internet speed to your modem, pause Wi-Fi for devices in your home, restarts your modem when you encounter issues and share your Wi-Fi password with your family and friends
- After you have downloaded the app, log in using your My TELUS credentials
- You can compare your subscribed internet speed with the speed test result by selecting the Internet speed icon in the overview screen. Select View past speed tests to see your previous speed test results
Get better results
- Performing a test over Wi-Fi may result in lower than expected results. Every device has a different maximum Wi-Fi speed and this may limit the test to a certain speed. For more information on this matter, please visit
- Do not download, upload, use VPN (virtual private network) or browse the web while conducting the test
Want to learn more about why your Wi-Fi may be slow and how to improve it? Watch this short video here that explains everything.
Learn more about your internet speed result
- Internet speed refers to how quickly information can be transmitted back and forth from the Internet to your computer. Internet speeds are measured in Mbps (Megabits per second)
- Download speed is how quickly information is transmitted from the Internet to your computer. When it comes to downloading or patching video games, watching videos and streaming music on the web, this is the key number to watch for
- Upload speed is how quickly you can send information from your computer to the Internet. This includes file sharing, syncing photos, cloud back-ups and more
- Ping is the reaction time of your connection. A lower ping means a more responsive connection, which is ideal for online gaming. However, depending on the physical location or configuration of the server (where websites and games are hosted on), this number may vary