Installing your Smart Plug (Appliance or Dimmer)
Installing your device using the mobile app
- Plug in your Smart Plug into the desired outlet
- Log in to the TELUS SmartHome app on your mobile device. Don’t have the app or having trouble logging in? Click here to learn more
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select + Add device
- Select Lighting and appliance control
- Select your Smart plug
- Confirm your Control Panel is unlocked and on the home screen before continuing
- Select Begin installation
- Please wait while the system is preparing for installation. Once your system is ready to add your device, it will show "Complete"
- Select Next. Your Control Panel will begin to search for your device
- With the device plugged into an outlet, press the learn button on the front of the device twice
- Your Control Panel will indicate that your device has been added to the network successfully
- If the wizard does not recognize the device in 30 seconds, repeat the steps above
- Enter a name for your device and select Next. Congratulations, you have successfully added your new device to your account
- Select Add more to install additional devices or select Done at the top right corner to complete the installation process
How to use your Smart Plug
Smart Plug - Appliance
The Smart Plug - Appliance can be used to control any electronic appliance that can be powered off. This device can be used for light bulbs or lamps that do not have dimming capabilities as well. After the device is installed, the connected appliance plugged into it can then be toggled on/off remotely through your TELUS SmartHome app or via your Control Panel.
Smart Plug - Dimmer
The Smart Plug - Dimmer can be used to control any lamps with a dimmable light bulb. After the device is installed, the lamp can be turned on/off and the brightness level can be adjusted remotely through your TELUS SmartHome app or via your Control Panel.
Note: The Smart Plug - Dimmer should be used with dimmable light bulbs only and is not compatible with existing dimmer switches.
Learn how to create a rule or schedule or schedule with your smart lighting devices.
Learn how to create a Light Group to manage multiple smart lighting devices at the same time.