Installing your Door and Window Sensor
How to install your Door and Window Sensor
Not your device?
Video on how to install the sensor
To install your Door and Window Sensor, make sure you have the following in addition to the included equipment:
- 4mm flat screwdriver
Installing your sensor using the mobile app
If this is the first time you are installing the TELUS SmartHome Security system, before you install your sensors, make sure to follow the step-by-step guide included in the box first. After you complete these steps and successfully set up the Control Panel, you can then add more devices to your account.
Don’t have the app or having trouble logging in? Click here to learn more.
To add a sensor to your security system, use your TELUS SmartHome app and follow these instructions here:
- Log in to your TELUS SmartHome app on your mobile device
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select + Add Device
- Select Sensor
- Select your device and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup
Once all of your sensors are added successfully, you will be shown how to complete a walk test to confirm that each sensor is working as expected. If you experience any issues at any time during your installation, please call TELUS at 1-855-255-8828.
Troubleshooting your Door and Window Sensor
I am unable to add the sensor to my TELUS SmartHome Security system
If you are unable to add the Door and Window sensor, try resetting your sensor by removing the cover of the device. Next, press and hold the round button in the middle of the circuit board for approximately 10 seconds until the LED starts flashing red. This will reset the device and you can now re-add your sensor.
Where should I install my Door and Window Sensor?
Your Door and Window Sensor should be placed on non-metallic doors or frames only. Metallic doors or frames can cause interference between the sensor and the Control Panel and is not recommended.
A Door and Window Sensor should be located inside your home on a clean surface area. Make sure you wipe the location before installing your sensor.
How to mount the Door and Window Sensor with the double-sided adhesive tape
To mount your Door and Window Sensor with the provided double-sided adhesive tape, follow the instructions below.
- Peel the release liners off the two strips of double-sided adhesive tape and attach the tape to the back of the device and the magnet.
1 - Double-sided adhesive tape
2 - Enrollment / battery tab
- Place the device on the frame of a window or door and place the magnet on the moving surface of the door or window itself, directed according to the location marks.
How to mount the Door and Window Sensor with screws
To mount your Door and Window Sensor with screws, follow the instructions below.
- Insert a coin in the slot and twist to remove the cover. If a coin is not available, insert a 4mm flat screwdriver into each slot of the plastic cover and twist to open each side.
- Screw the device base onto the door frame.
- Peel the release liner off the strip of double-sided adhesive tape and attach the tape to the back of the magnet.
- Place the magnet on the moving surface of the door or window itself, directed according to the location marks.
My Door and Window Sensor is failing the walk test
If you are testing your sensor using the TELUS SmartHome mobile app and the device is consistently failing to pass the walk test, it is possible that you entered an incorrect sensor ID at an earlier stage or that the sensor is malfunctioning.
Please call TELUS Technical Support at 1-855-255-8828 to resolve the issue and complete your installation.