Fix common issues related to the MyCare app and service
Find answers to common questions that patients have about troubleshooting and connectivity.
I am having problems hearing or seeing the doctor
Here are a few steps to try to resolve the issue:
- Check that your volume is turned up loud enough to hear the doctor
- Check that you have stable Wi-Fi or mobile internet connection
- Check that the microphone and camera permissions are switched on for the app by going to your phone’s device Settings
- For Apple: Open Settings app > TELUS Health > Turn on Camera
- For Android: Open Settings app > Apps > TELUS Health > Permissions > Turn on Camera, Microphone and Telephone
If you continue to experience issues please call us at 1-855-577-8838.
It’s time for my appointment but the doctor hasn’t called me.
Please make sure that notifications are enabled for the TELUS Health MyCare app under your phone settings. Instructions are provided below.
We try to start appointments on time, but occasionally delays can happen. If your clinician is running late, we will notify you by phone and ask you to wait a little longer. Most delays are between 5 and 10 minutes.
If you haven’t been notified that your appointment is delayed, you can try the following steps to resolve any possible issues with receiving the video call:
- Go to your phone’s Settings app and check that you have the following settings enabled:
- Notifications: Enable the Consultations notifications. We send you a notification to start the video call
- Microphone (on Android only)
- Telephone (on Android only)
- Turn off any “Battery saver” or “Battery optimization” settings on your device that might be blocking the call. This can usually be found by going to your phone’s “Settings” app, or by swiping down from the top of your device’s screen
- Check that you have a stable Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
- Have the app open and ready for the call to start on your phone
If you have any issues or if your appointment is delayed by more than 15 minutes, please contact our Support team at 1-855-577-8838 who will be happy to help troubleshoot further.
The call was disconnected during the consultation.
Don't worry if your call drops for whatever reason. The doctor will phone you straight away using the in-app call feature to continue your consultation.
What should I do if I notice something unusual within the app?
Please report this to us by emailing email@example.com or call us on 1-855-577-8838. If you can send us a screenshot of the issue, it will help us to investigate the issue further.