Checklist for activations and renewals
Everything you need to know about activating or renewing your mobility connection
Adding a line or getting a new phone
If you're thinking of adding a line or getting a new phone, here’s what you need to know -
- Valid photo ID: You'll need 1 valid government issued photo identification (eg. Driver’s License, Provincial ID card, passport).
Note: Stores are unable to accept health cards (excluding Quebec and British Columbia) or citizenship cards.
Customers also require 1 acceptable valid ID for credit check (eg. credit card or social insurance number either verbally, paper copy or card).
Note: To purchase a phone you have to be the account owner or an authorized user on the account.
- Phone back-up: Make sure to back up your phone before going to a store. This will ensure you don’t lose any data, such as contacts, photos, and videos
Note: Transferring data in store is an option but can lead to a long wait depending on how much data needs to be transferred.
- Passwords: Make sure you have all of your passwords (email, Apple ID)
- near you
- Pre-browse your options: Activate or upgrade a and find the best for yourself and your family
- Trade-in device (if applicable): Make sure you turn off the activation lock (e.g Find my iPhone) prior to coming to the store. You will not be able to trade-in your device if it is not turned off. View for more details
- Porting your number: Please have your account number and/or IMEI ready to initiate the transfer
- Ready to get started? with a certified rep at the nearest TELUS store
What you need to know to set up your new device
- Get to know your new phone: All you need to do to start is to
- Set up email: Learn how to
- Set up voicemail: Find instructions on how to
- Swap SIM: Find instructions on how to
- Set up My TELUS: to check your data usage, add top-ups and pay your bill on the go
- Having trouble? If your phone has no service, data or your messaging isn’t working, turn your phone off and on before calling us
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience