3 steps to fix your picture & video message issues
Easy steps to fix most of your iOS or Android picture & video message issues
If you’re having issues sending or receiving message, check out these 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Restart your device
Most messaging issues can be fixed by simply restarting your phone. Similar to restarting a computer, a restart helps clear minor glitches often resolving various issues. So simply turning your phone off and on again may solve many issues. Also, if your device has a removable battery, remove the battery and put it back in before turning your phone on again.
Step 2: Make sure you have data service enabled and your device “data is turned ON”
- Ensure you have network coverage
- Ensure you have data services enabled, Picture & video messaging will NOT work over regular Wi-Fi
- Ensure your device data is turned ON. To turn on device data:
1. Go to **Settings** 2. Go to **Cellular** 3. Turn on **Cellular Data**
1. Go to **Settings** 2. Go to **Network & Internet** 3. Go to **Mobile network** 4. Turn on **Mobile data**
Note: If text messages work, but picture and video messages are failing, verify that your data is working by opening a web page.
Step 3: Check your device settings
Picture & video messaging may not work if you bring your own Android device to the TELUS network. Check the below settings to make sure your device can send and receive picture & video messages.
Note: The location of these setting may vary depending on which version of Android you are using. Generally Access Point Names (APN) settings are under Settings > Connections (or Network & Internet) > Mobile Network > Advanced. After you go to “ Access Point Names ”, Press ADD to add new APN.
- Scroll to, and select, Name . Enter TELUS SP
- Scroll to, and select, APN. Enter sp.telus.com and press OK
- Leave Proxy Blank
- Leave Port Blank
- Leave Username Blank
- Leave Password Blank
- Leave Server Blank
- Scroll to, and select, MMSC. Enter http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc and press OK
- Scroll to, and select, MMS Proxy. Enter mmscproxy.mobility.ca and press OK
- Scroll to, and select, MMS Port. Enter 8799 and press OK
- Scroll to, and select, MCC. Enter 302 and press OK (This value should be by default.)
- Scroll to, and select, MNC. Enter 220 and press OK (This value should be by default.)
- Scroll to, and select, Authentication type. Enter none
- Scroll to, and select, APN type. Enter default and press OK
- Leave other fields not changed
- Press More and select Save
- Select Access point TELUS SP
Note: Send keyword MMS to short code 8900, you will receive a text message with the key MMSC setting info. You can simply copy and paste the MMSC info following the above instructions.