Return and Recycle Program
Our commitment to recycling and refurbishing all telecommunication equipment that we receive back from our customers.
Return and recycle mobile devices and accessories
TELUS is committed to being a leading corporate citizen and reducing the overall environmental impact of our domestic and international operations, in line with our values. This commitment is demonstrated by our leadership in corporate social responsibility performance and reporting.
TELUS introduced the Return and Recycle Program in June 2005 which grew into the TELUS Trade-In Program in 2012 to collect mobile handsets and accessories for recycling. The goal of the program is to divert as many phones and accessories as possible from Canadian landfills. This ensures that the hazardous components of mobile phones are disposed in a responsible manner.
In 2012, clients helped us prevent 545,872 mobile devices from going into landfills by participating in our wireless handset recovery program. Through our ongoing relationship with Tree Canada, we sponsor the planting of trees as part of this program.
How the program works
- Bring any mobile phone, battery, or accessory, irrespective of carrier, to your nearest participating Trade-In location for recycling, and we'll plant a tree.
- Before phones can be accepted for recycling, they must be deactivated. Remove all personal information. Remove the SIM card if it has one.
- Phones can't be reclaimed once returned.
- The items are then sent to a third-party recycling vendor, who will recycle the phones responsibly.
- TELUS is a partner and supporter of Tree Canada.
The program is free to everyone, not just TELUS clients. We accept all kinds of mobile devices, including phones, PDAs, air cards, batteries and accessories, irrespective of age, condition, where they were purchased or the network on which they were operating.
TELUS is committed to recycling and refurbishing all telecommunication equipment that they receive back from their customers.
Below is information regarding the TELUS Electronic Equipment Recycling and Take Back Program.
Wireline telecommunication equipment:
TELUS has an easy step program to ensure your wireline device gets recycled. TELUS customers are encouraged to return customer owned wireline telecommunications equipment for recycling, such as corded phones and cordless phones including the battery, set top boxes, modems, routers, gateways, TV remote controls, by mailing back the equipment to a TELUS Returns Depot via Canada Post. Please see the easy steps below for preparing and dropping off your device.
Wireless telecommunication equipment (cell phone and accessories): Please note, this program is handled separately from that above. See the wireless device and accessories tab to the left for cell phone recycling.
Steps to prepare your wireline device for recycling
- Ensure that all personal information is removed from your device before shipping. Refer to your owner’s manual for instructions.
- Leave the battery in the device.
- Select an appropriate box to reuse to ship the device in. The box should be sturdy enough to hold and protect the device that you wish to return for recycling. You do not have to use a new box – the important thing is that the box is in good condition. Cross out any information written on the box such as any other delivery addresses.
- Pack your device in the box and seal the box with suitable tape to ensure nothing can fall out.
Steps to drop off your device
- Take your sealed box to your nearest Canada Post retail outlet. To help find the nearest Canada Post retail outlet, visit http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/languageswitcher.jsf
- Complete the preprinted waybill (see sample below) with your name, address, telephone number, etc.
- Canada Post will deliver the equipment to TELUS for recycling at no cost to you. *Note that equipment cannot be reclaimed once mailed.
Any questions about the TELUS Electronic Equipment Recycling And Take Back Program call:
|TELUS Client Service - Residential Clients Home Phone & Internet||Toll-free Contact Numbers|
|Within Alberta and BC||310-2255|
|BC clients calling from outside BC||1-888-811-2323|
|Alberta clients calling from outside Alberta||1-800-400-2598|
|Quebec clients calling from outside Quebec||1-877-725-7599|
|Internet Technical Support (Residential & Small Business)||1-877-310-TECH (8324)|
|Ontario Internet Clients||1-866-GO TELUS (1-866-468-3587)|
|Operator Assisted Calling|
|Within Alberta and BC||0|
|Local and long distance - Canada & US||411|
|Coin operated telephones Long distance (Canada & US)||1-area code-555-1212|
|TTY to Voice||711|
|TTY to TTY||1-800-855-1155|
|Voice to TTY||1-800-855-0511|
Our e.waste stewardship plan
In British Columbia, TELUS has been approved by the BC Ministry of Environment as steward of electronic waste. We’ve developed our own BC Electronic Equipment Stewardship Plan in accordance with the requirements of the BC Recycling Regulation – Electronic and Electrical Product Category (B.C. Reg. 449/2004). TELUS has been collecting, refurbishing for reuse, reselling, and recycling electronics for many years now. This plan explains how we collect, re-use, and recycle TELUS electronics, including sales, rentals, and internal-use equipment.
2017 Stewardship Plan Annual Report PDF
TELUS BC Stewardship Plan PDF