Warning: To avoid any risk associated with the optical fiber, please handle it carefully without ever looking at the tip of it. You must always point the optical fiber towards the ground.
Warning: The installation of the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub can ask you to do manipulations near your electrical panel. Please be careful to never touch your electrical panel.
In order to install your modem, you must have completed the configuration of an ONT, if applicable. Learn more about installing an ONT here.
To install it, please start with step 5.
To change an existing TELUS modem, please follow the steps below first.
Locate your current modem.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the existing modem. We suggest taking a photo for future reference
For the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub with fiber connector :
- Remove the green connector from the fiber connector
- Lift the green tab on the fiber connector still inside the modem until you hear a "click"
- Then pull the tab to remove the module from the modem
Install your TELUS Wi-Fi Hub by following these steps :
- Connect the new power adapter to the new modem router and plug it into a wall outlet.Your modem is initializing, this operation may take a few minutes
- If you have just changed the modem, please reconnect all the ethernet cables as on the previous modem
- Connect devices such as computers, smartphones and tablets to Wi-Fi using the wireless network name and password on the top of the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub
- Installing this new modem has changed your current wireless network settings (name and password). If you changed the settings on your old equipment and want to restore on it in order to avoid having to reconfigure all of your equipment, download the TELUS My Wi-Fi App and configure the name and password from your previous wireless network
Congratulations, you have completed the configuration and are now connected to your Wi-Fi network. To learn how to connect a mobile device like a tablet or smartphone to your wireless modem router, go to telus.com/InternetSupport.