TELUS email powered by Google: What you need to know
TELUS is migrating all customers to an upgraded email service. We are partnering with Google to make your email more reliable, secure and powerful.
TELUS email migration: What you need to know
To provide our customers with the best possible email experience, TELUS is in the process of transitioning all existing TELUS email accounts to a platform powered by Google.
This transition will require you to take action and will mean a change in how you access your TELUS email today.
Your data will remain under the governance of TELUS’ stringent privacy protocols. With TELUS email, you will not get ads on your email (unlike the publicly available Gmail) and you will continue to get support from TELUS.
Your email address (ending in @telus.net or @telusplanet.net) will not change, and we will migrate all your emails (including pictures and attachments within them), contacts, calendar events and alternative email accounts.
Once your account has been migrated, you will benefit from increased reliability via a globally-available cloud-based platform, enhanced security and 15 GB of storage space, which is triple the current storage capacity.
This site will be your home for helpful information about the transition. Please bookmark this site or press Ctrl+D to find it easily going forward.
Your @telus.net email address is not changing
We want to reassure you that the following will not change:
- Your email addresses ending in @telus.net and @telusplanet.net (including any aliases you created)
- TELUS is here to provide support with your TELUS email, regardless of the platform
- You can continue to reset your password by visiting telus.com/reset
- We will migrate all your email accounts, emails, contacts and calendar events stored in the existing platform
- There is no cost for this change. Your TELUS email will continue to be included in your TELUS Internet subscription
The way you access your email is changing
These are the main differences you will notice:
- Triple the storage capacity: From 5 GB to 15 GB
- A single login: To ensure secure access to your account, you will have one single login for your account. We are migrating all aliases in your account, but only one email address can be used to log in to your email
- Web browser users can now find their email inbox at mail.google.com: If you are a WebMail user, you will no longer access your email at webmail.telus.net. Bookmark that page today to make it easy to find your email in the future
- You’ll be able to install the Gmail app for the best experience on a mobile device: The best features of your upgraded email experience are only available on your phone or tablet with the official Gmail app
- If you prefer to use other email apps (like Outlook, Apple Mail etc.), you will have to update your settings: Access instructions on how to do this by visiting telus.com/setup
- We will not migrate emails, contacts or calendar events that you saved on your device or computer as they are not stored on our platform
What you need to do to complete your migration
We are working hard to ensure you have the best experience. We will ask you to complete the following steps to ensure your TELUS email is working the way you expect:
Step 1: Schedule your migration
For detailed information, visit telus.com/ScheduleMigration.
Step 2: Activate your account in Google
Starting on the day of your migration, you will have to complete this step to continue sending and receiving email. For a step-by-step guide, visit telus.com/steps.
Step 3: Set up your email on all your devices
Once you complete the previous step, you will be able to access your email on a web browser, but to ensure you access it using the email programs you use today, additional steps are required. For detailed instructions, visit telus.com/setup.