Mobility bill terminology
Learn about common terminology that appear on your mobility bill
Here are some of the common terms you’ll find on your TELUS mobility bill.
Bill Date: This is the final day of your billing period
Account number: You will need to use this number to make a payment, to register for My Account and for any account inquiries
Savings Box: Total savings for all of your services for this billing period (if applicable)
Balance owing from your last bill: Any unpaid balance from your previous months bill
New charges: Current monthly charges for your mobile services, other charges and credits such as 911 fees and all applicable taxes
Total due: Your total new charges (including applicable taxes), any balance owing from your last bill and late payment charges (if applicable). Payments are due upon receipt
Partial charges: This section will only appear when partial charges have been applied to your account. Partial charges are incurred if your activation date is earlier than your bill date or if you made any changes to your services
Monthly and other charges: Details about your monthly rate plan, as well as any features and additional services
Add-ons: Any additional services and/or features that were not included in your monthly rate plan. This may include items such as long distance minutes, roaming passes, etc.
Usage charges: Charges for usage that exceed the total included in your rate plan (if applicable). This may include additional talk time, text and data usage
Additional terms you may see
- Device Balance: Your current remaining Device Balance based on the discount you received for your device when you signed up for a 2-year device term prior to July 3, 2019. If the agreement is cancelled before the end of the 2-year commitment, then you will be charged the remaining balance on your last bill.
- Device Discount Balance: Your starting and current Device Discount balance based on your TELUS Easy Payment® contract terms. This only applies if you received a promotional device discount off the full retail device price when you signed up for a 2-year TELUS Easy Payment® term. If the agreement is cancelled before the end of the 2-year commitment, then you will be charged the remaining balance on your last bill.
- Partial monthly rate plan charge: Includes the days from the activation date to the first bill cycle close date
- Monthly rate plan charge: (Billed in Advance) Monthly charge for the rate plan chosen
- Partial allotment of included airtime: Included airtime is prorated