Pik TV app for Nvidia Shield
Learn how to get started with the Pik TV app on your Nvidia Shield
Features, requirements and restrictions
The Pik TV app is now available for Nvidia Shield. Now you can watch live TV and access a large On Demand library of TV shows and movies on your Nvidia Shield TV or Nvidia Shield TV Pro with your Pik TV subscription.
Requirements & restrictions
- Subscription to TELUS Internet, Pik TV and live channels is required. Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available when not connected to your TELUS home internet
- My TELUS username and password is required to log onto this service
- The Pik TV app for Nvidia Shield can only be used in Canada when connected to your TELUS home internet
The Pik TV app for Nvidia Shield is available for Shield TV and Shield TV Pro devices running Android TV.
Pik TV app installation steps on your Nvidia Shield
To install the Pik TV app on your Nvidia Shield TV or Shield TV Pro, please visit the Google Play Store to download the Pik TV app. You will need to be logged in to the Google Play Store with your Google username and password.
Once you are logged into the Google Play Store, follow these steps to install the Pik TV app:
- From the Android TV home screen, open the Google Play Store from the apps row Navigate to the Search icon and search for Pik TV
- Select Install and your download will start
- After your download is complete, select Open to open the Pik TV app
You will need your My TELUS username & password to log in to Pik TV. Don’t have My TELUS? You can register now.
Using the Nvidia Shield remote to control Pik TV
- Power button: Turns the Nvidia Shield on or off. If paired to your TV, it will also turn your TV on or off
- Menu button: Launches the Android TV settings menu. This button can also be customized by going to the Android TV home screen → Settings → Remotes & Accessories → Customise Menu button
- Direction pad or D-Pad:
- When browsing the guide, live tv or on demand: Scrolls left/right/up/down
- When watching live tv: The up and down directions function as channel up and channel down
- Middle button on pad (OK or Select): When something is highlighted, this button will confirm your selection
- During live playback, press this button once to open up the info screen, display the program information or turn on or off the audio accessibility settings (CC for Closed Captioning or AD for Described Video)
- A second press of this button opens up the live guide
- Back button: Returns you to the Pik TV main menu
- Home button: Takes you to the Android TV home screen
- Fast forward button: Jumps forward 3 minutes and brings up the scrub bar, allowing you to pause, rewind and fast forward On Demand programming, where available
- Google assistant button
- Play/pause button: Pauses and resumes On Demand playback, where available
- Volume up button
- Rewind button: Jumps back 3 minutes and brings up the scrub bar, allowing you to pause, rewind and fast forward On Demand programming, where available
- Volume down button
- Netflix button: Launches the Netflix app
- In order to control your TV’s power and volume with the Nvidia Shield remote, you will need to pair the remote to your TV. Please refer to your TV’s manual for instructions
- Pik TV does not currently allow you to pause, rewind or fast forward live TV. Pause, rewind and fast forward are available for On Demand programming at the discretion of the content provider
- To watch Netflix, a subscription is required
Navigate through the Pik TV app
The Pik TV app for Android TV allows you easy access to your content with a navigation menu on the left-hand side of your screen.
You can use the search function to find a movie, TV series or cast member. If searching for a movie or TV series, your search results will include both live and On Demand viewing options for your title.
If searching for a specific cast member, your search results will provide a list of available live or On Demand titles where that cast member appeared.
From the Home screen, you can see what’s On Now on live TV, Resume your On Demand programming, browse Highlights and Favourites or view your recent Purchases.
All Pik TV customers have access to the live and On Demand content included in their subscription. Some channels are only available when connected to your home TELUS Internet service due to content provider restrictions. Live TV will show you what’s on now by category.
During live TV playback, you can press the middle button of the D-Pad on your Nvidia Shield remote control once to bring up the program information screen and turn on closed captioning (CC) or described video (AD). A second press of this button will bring up a live guide, where you can see what’s on now, what’s coming up and change channels without stopping live playback.
To change channels in live TV playback mode, you can also use the up and down buttons on the D-Pad of your Nvidia Shield remote.
All Pik TV customers have access to the live and On Demand content included in their subscription as well as a selection of On Demand movies available for rental. You can browse by Featured titles, TV Shows, Movies, Kids, Channels and more.
Note: You can pause, rewind or fast forward On Demand TV content, but these features may be disabled on select programming by the content provider. You can pause, rewind or fast forward On Demand movies available for rental.
In the Guide section, you can see what’s playing today on the channels that are available to you on this device.
You can also filter your guide by selecting the filter icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Filtering by channels: My subscribed channels will display all of the channels that you have in your Pik TV subscription. All Channels will display all of the channels that are available with Pik TV and Playable on this device will display all of the channels that you are subscribed to and can watch on this device. Please note that some channels are only available when connected to your TELUS home internet connection
- Filtering by category: You may choose All Channels, Music, Children, News or Sports. Only the channels within these categories will be displayed
You may also browse the guide for any day up to 10 days in the future by selecting the calendar icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
Selecting Settings will allow you to set your closed captioning and audio description settings, see your app and version information, account info or log out from the Pik TV app.
Selecting Exit will close the Pik TV app and return you to the Android TV home screen.