Sales Executive (SOFTRAX - A TELUS Company)
Boston, Massachusetts • United States
Full-Time • Mid Level
Remote / Telecommute
Date posted: December 1, 2023
Sales Executive (SOFTRAX - A TELUS Company)
Job Status- Full Time
The world of Finance is going through tectonic shifts. Now, more than ever, companies are transitioning pricing and billing models to focus on recurring revenue and subscription billing. New regulations such as ASC 606 / IFRS 15 have created complexity in the recognition of revenue. No ERP platform vendor has been able to keep up. Both events carry significant complications and provide substantial compelling events to re-evaluate both systems and processes.
SOFTRAX, a TELUS company, is a fast-paced, dynamic, software company disrupting the Revenue Management Software market. Our software enables companies across many verticals to automate complex, back-office processes related to the order-to-cash, order-to-revenue recognition and billing processes. These include complex milestones, subscription and transactional billing, contract renewal management and revenue recognition under the ASC 606 and IFRS 15 guidance.
We pioneered the space of complex revenue accounting in the mid-90s. Our acquisition by TELUS into the TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods division in 2021 came with new investment leading to the next generation revenue management system platform we sell today.
We are positioned at the center of this activity and in an ideal position to maintain a high rate of growth. To maximize its growth potential, we are seeking high-energy individuals to assist in all areas of the business.
Here’s the impact you will make and what we will accomplish together
We are seeking a Sales Executive to manage sales in the Eastern part of the US. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy team player with great communication skills, be a proven hunter and closer, and maintain excellent Salesforce and MS Office skills. The Sales Executive will be responsible for the management of a territory, including the identification of target accounts, the prioritization and strategy formation to attack these new logo accounts, the nurturing and management of opportunities within these accounts through the defined phases of the sales process, and maintenance of a high rate of closure. The Sales Executive will be assisted by technical resources.
- Identify/prioritize target accounts in region
- Create a specific 30, 60, 90 day plan to attack targeted accounts to drive opportunities.
- Prospect for new leads and opportunities (new logos)
- Attend and work trade shows to generate new leads
- Handle inbound leads coming into the company within your territory
- Be an adept communicator and proven listener to perform initial discovery tasks in a consultative sales environment to understand prospect need and qualification
- Identify the customer’s business requirements and product needs
- Follow the PSO (Premier Sales Organization) selling process and training
- Qualify the customer and fit with SOFTRAX solutions
- Work with prospect to produce the business case
- Prepare and present sales presentations customized to the specific customer requirements
- Qualify & identify the requirements for a demonstration and conduct the demonstration with the sales engineer
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs, including coordinating and obtaining information from the various product managers, sales engineers, implementation managers and others within the company
- Prepare quotes and proposals, including identifying the customer’s budget expectations, determining appropriate discounts and structuring the pricing to create a winning proposal
- Work with SOFTRAX management to negotiate and complete the contract terms and paperwork
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the account
- Maintain a high level of organization leveraging standard toolset (Salesforce, Microsoft Office)
- Coordinate technical and other resources as appropriate to nurture deals through sales process and assist in Quote, Proposal, RFP response and other documentation requirements
- Manage opportunities through closure
TELUS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual preference, gender orientation, genetic information, or disability. We conduct a pre-employment background check and complies with all Federal and State regulations, including E-Verify.
What you bring to this role
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge/experience with Microsoft CRM, Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook, experience with LinkedIn
- 7-10 years of Sales experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Possesses a strong work ethic and the ability to persevere in challenging situations
- Shows determination, resilience, and a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Willing to put in the effort required to achieve success and continuously improve performance
- Ability to reach out to target accounts to generate interest and opportunity
- Ability to speak at C level and develop relationships based on mutual trust and respect
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously – excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of MEDDIC, Sandler, SPIN, Solution or similar selling disciplines
Degrees, Certificates and Experience
- Background in software or technology industry
- Strong understanding of Financial processes, accounting, billing, revenue recognition
- Experience coordinating sales resources through close process
- Excellence and professionalism in all communications with clients and prospects
- Direct sales experience
- Experience as a proven closer in an enterprise type sales environment
- Sales Training a plus
- College degree
Location - Remote (East Coast, United States)
Employment Type - Full Time
Career Stream Level - P4
US Base Salary Range - $100-$150K USD
Bonus/Commissions - Eligible for the Sales Incentive Plan
Actual total compensation will be determined based on factors such as knowledge, skills, performance and experience. In addition, we offer rewarding benefits, which may vary per job function, such as:
- Comprehensive total rewards package highlighting competitive salary and bonus structures or SIP (Sales Incentive Plan) where applicable
- Flexibility to work in-office, virtually or a combination of both
- Comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs
- 401K contributions
- Career growth and learning & development opportunities to develop your skills
- And much more…
*All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Your Talent Acquisition Partner can share more information about our compensation package and your preferred working location during the hiring process.
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely position us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level, empowering and connecting producers to consumers for a more efficient, sustainable future.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable human outcomes?
Together, let’s make the future friendly.