- Page d’accueil/
- Head of Engineering
Head of Engineering
St Louis, MO • United States
Full-Time • Senior
Remote / Telecommute
Date d’affichage: 9 septembre 2022
TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative technology solutions we offer.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you'll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding.
Here’s the impact you will make and what we will accomplish together
TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods is leveraging our world-leading technology and innovation to tackle one of the most pressing social challenges of our time – achieving more efficient production while lowering the impact on the environment. We believe that by delivering data insights and digital solutions that empower and connect producers to consumers we can improve the quality, safety and sustainability of our food and consumer goods.
We offer an unmatched suite of innovative solutions and purpose-built applications for every participant in the supply chain, from seed manufacturers and farmers through to grocery stores and consumer goods companies. Our solutions are comprised of the latest technologies that enable our customers to optimize their businesses with more accuracy, efficiency and profit and create unified, trusted and sustainable food and consumer goods value chains.
As part of our Global Technology team, you will lead the Engineering teams focusing on unifying and developing the Agribusinesses Platform. This position will be responsible for the continuous improvement and professional development of the engineering teams, providing technical leadership and mentorship, and helping design and build future capabilities of the platform. This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering and will be responsible for directly managing five director-level roles.
Core areas of responsibility include team leadership, software development lifecycle, and collaborating and partnering with the Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams. This role is an opportunity to impact the rapidly changing ag-tech landscape as TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods continues its mission to create the best producer-to-consumer outcomes.
- Provide engineering leadership in all aspects of the software delivery cycle, including design, build, test, deploy, and support of software applications
- Lead a talented engineering team and drive multiple initiatives using agile methodologies
- Collaborate with other teams in the organization and manage stakeholder expectations
- Manage risk and help the team navigate challenges
- Continuously drive technical and process improvements.
- Drive improvements in how we build software – tools, communication, and architecture
- Able to provide an overview of product offerings to interested stakeholders such as clients, team members, vendors, and developers looking to know more about ways to collaborate
- Lead organizational change through the adoption of strategic technologies, architectures, best practices, and tooling in support of software development
- Completes monthly financial and asset capitalization tracking and forecasting as needed
- Coach and mentor team members
- Partner with our recruitment team to actively seek and hire globally-distributed talent
What you bring to this role
Managing Relationships - Warm, friendly, and interpersonally agile; easy to approach and talk to; relates well to all kinds of people; is tolerant of others; makes a good first impression and builds solid relationships; tries to understand others and their viewpoints' before acting.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others - Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report's career goals; constructions compelling development plans and executes them; pushes direct report to accept developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder.
Managing and Measuring Work - Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can encourage many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of them; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each feel their work is essential; is someone people like working for and with
10+ years of experience in software/application development, with at least five years leading a technical team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Considerable software development team and process management experience
- Exposure to a wide variety of web technologies and frameworks
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience building scalable, cloud-based platforms
- Experience hiring and developing a high performing team
- Must be able to work with senior-level management and executives to communicate the direction and plan for the team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to take a holistic view of the overall software development lifecycle and understand the critical success factors in delivering software projects
- A passion for revolutionizing the agriculture industry
Joignez-vous à nous
Collectivement, notre équipe talentueuse et nos solutions intégrées nous placent dans une position unique pour transformer la collaboration au sein de l’industrie à l’échelle mondiale, habiliter les producteurs et les mettre en contact avec les consommateurs pour un avenir plus efficace et durable. Chacun a sa place chez TELUS Agriculture et Biens de consommation. Peu importe qui vous êtes, ce que vous faites et la manière dont vous le faites, votre contribution et vos talents uniques seront valorisés et respectés. Nous croyons que la diversité des membres de notre équipe nous permet de mieux comprendre les besoins des clients et des collectivités. Partagez-vous notre passion pour les retombées remarquables sur le plan humain? Ensemble, rendons le monde simplement meilleur.
TELUS Agriculture et Biens de consommation est fière de promouvoir une culture d’inclusion qui valorise la diversité. Nous croyons fondamentalement à l’importance d’adopter des pratiques équitables en matière d’emploi. Ainsi, le dossier de tous les candidats qualifiés est étudié. Pendant tout le processus de recrutement, nous tenons compte des besoins particuliers des candidats handicapés, au besoin.
Vous n’avez pas trouvé le poste idéal?
Nous sommes toujours à la recherche de personnes talentueuses pour faire partie de notre équipe. Envoyez votre candidature et nous la conserverons dans nos dossiers pour l’opportunité parfaite.Contactez-nous