Some of my devices cannot connect to the Internet (Wi-Fi)
Wi-Fi Connection Troubleshooting
If you are able to connect some devices but not all your devices to the internet, this issue is likely to be a device or connection based issues.
Try the following troubleshooting steps until your issue is resolved:
- Check your modem is at the same location where your TELUS technician installed it
- If it has been moved, put it back in its original location
- Check your modem is set up correctly and looks like this:1) Power 2) WAN port 3) LAN ports
Pro Tip: Check whether DSL or WAN light are on (only one should be). If both are on, remove the cable from the WAN port.
- Make sure the internet light is on
- If it’s not,
- Restart your devices
- Disconnect and
your devices to Wi-Fi
- Ensure you are trying to connect to your network, this will be the the network listed on the side of your modem or your customized network name
- Move or turn off personal devices that interfere with your Wi-Fi away from your modem (e.g. baby monitors, wireless speakers, microwave ovens, etc)
- your modem, If the issue reoccurs,