Sr. Software Engineer
Minneapolis, MN • United States
Full-Time • Senior
Remote / Telecommute
Date updated: March 14, 2023
The Sr. Software Engineeris a key member of our Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and supporting full-stack design, development, enhancement and support of new and existing modules for integrations and analytics components of our SaaS-based farm management platform. Our solutions encompass a broad range of mobile, web and loT technologies, bringing together operational data, financials and machine data to enable control, visibility and actionable insight into large-scale agriculture operations. This role requires the ability to conduct highly complex work with limited supervision and an extensive latitude for independent judgment. In addition, the Sr. Software Engineer may need to assist in mentoring less-experience software engineers. The ideal candidate will have experience building and scaling high-volume, multi-tenant SaaS platforms and have a passion for innovation and making an impact in industry that is responsible for feeding the world.
What You’ll Do
The essential responsibilities for this role include:
- Align system architecture with our product vision and strategy
- Participate actively and contribute to agile sprint and technical planning
- Build and maintain third party Ag software integrations
- Develop scalable reporting and analytics APIs across multiple components to solve complex problems for our customers
- Optimize our data pipelines with a focus on scalability and observability
- Be a mentor for junior team members
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the teams processes and encouraging industry standard development practices
- Communicate effectively with different levels of management and different departments
- Stay in tune with advances in Ag-tech and new technologies
What You'll Need
The core competencies and qualifications we’re looking for include:
- BS, Computer Science, Engineering or related field/experience
7+ years software development experience
- 3+ years experience with Python
- REST API and web development experience
- Working experience with databases like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL using persistence frameworks
- Strong experience with CI/CD tooling. Should be very comfortable with Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Circle CI or an equivalent tool
- Familiarity with AWS or an equivalent cloud platform
- Experience working with agile teams, and working with business users to gather, share and analyze requirements, designs and solutions
- Experience with the design and development distributed, event-based systems and tools
- Ability to independently analyze and troubleshoot problems with data and code throughout our systems
Nice-to-Have (Not Required)
- Experience with the Django or Celery libraries
- Hands-on experience building data processing/ETL pipelines
- Typescript experience
- Working knowledge of Java, Hibernate, and Spring
- Experience with geospatial data and practices
We're doing work that matters. Predicated on trust and transparency, Conservis is centered around solving problems that matter. At Conservis, you'll be uniquely positioned to achieve your career goals while working with an enthusiastic and inspiring team. We're passionate about problem solving and conquering new challenges every day, together. Our truth we live by is a technology is only as good as the people standing behind it. We listen. We're innovative. We've put down roots and continue to grow.
What's in it for me?
We're committed to providing our team members with an entrepreneurial environment that empowers them to have a seat at the table. Our people are encouraged to exercise creativity, collaboration and autonomy every day. We support ongoing professional development while providing a flexible work-life to help balance family and wellness. Our team is growing in diversity and distributed across the world. We collaborate daily over Slack and Zoom, host virtual and in-person events and provide opportunities to give back to our communities.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental and vision plans with strong employer premium contributions.
- 3-weeks PTO for your first two years; 4 weeks PTO after your third year; 5 weeks PTO after your fifth year
- Unlimited sick time
- 11 paid holidays (including 1 floating holiday)
- Up to 4-weeks full-pay Paid Parental Leave
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
Who We Are
Conservis was built around enterprise sustainability and figuring out how we could help people do more with less. The year was 2008. One of our founders was approached by a group of farmers who said they wanted to manage harvest more profitably, but they didnt have the right technology to do so. We dove into the problem and got busy developing the software that solved their needs. The farmers showed us the path. With our eye on doing more with less, we landed on conserve. Conservis is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company, but the service component is so critical that we built it into our DNA. Centered on supporting our clients diverse needs, we landed on service. Conserve + Service = Conservis
Over a decade later, our farmer-first approach worked. In July of 2021, Conservis engaged in an acquisition by Rabobank, the premier global food and agriculture bank and TELUS Agriculture, the global agriculture technology leader, solidifying that we are in this for the long haul. Together, Rabobank and TELUS Agriculture bring us new expertise, experience and further our global presence, helping solve farmers' data challenges, empowering their decision-making and creating sustainable, profitable opportunities. Our partnership is rooted in helping us achieve new heights - our future is bright!
Conservis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a Full Time, Remote position
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely position us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level, empowering and connecting producers to consumers for a more efficient, sustainable future. Everyone belongs at TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need. Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable human outcomes? Together, let’s make the future friendly.
TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Don't see the right fit?
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Share your resume and we'll keep it on file for the perfect opportunity.Contact us