What is credit monitoring?
Learn about the One Bureau Credit Monitoring included in the TELUS Online Security Standard product
One key feature of your TELUS Online Security Standard product is One Bureau Credit Monitoring.You will receive an alert by email or in your LifeLock for Norton 360 mobile app if a change is made to your credit report with TransUnion. These alerts are important because they notify you so that you can determine if the changes are legitimate or due to fraud. If you suspect it’s due to fraud, you can contact a LifeLock Restoration Specialist to start an investigation.
How do I complete credit monitoring enrollment?
First, ensure that you have signed up for TELUS Online Security Standard.
Next, there are 2 ways you can complete your credit monitoring enrollment:
- When you create a new Norton account using your enrollment email from TELUS, follow the step-by-step guide to enter your personal information
- Sign into your Norton account, navigate to the ID Theft Protection tile on the main dashboard and proceed with entering your personal information
Pro-tip: You will receive a confirmation message when you’ve successfully set it up.
Tell me more about my credit report
There are 2 credit reporting agencies in Canada. TELUS Online Security Standard customers will have annual access to their credit report from TransUnion. A credit score will also be provided.Knowing your credit history and score is important because it may affect your credit worthiness.
Here are factors that affect your credit score:
- Payment history, such as late payments
- Delinquencies and public records (e.g. bankruptcies, judgements, etc.)
- Balance to limit ratio (owing too much)
- Length and history of credit accounts (the longer the better)
- Too many new accounts (opening accounts in a short period of time)
Where does my credit score come from?
Your credit score is calculated based on a variety of factors, including those listed above. Your score is based on a credit score model from by CreditVision provided by TransUnion.