How to turn on the descriptive video service in your OPTIK programming.
There are two ways to access Descriptive Video: via a quick access method using the remote or via the main menu.
Temporarily use descriptive video:
- Select the Options button on your remote
- Select Audio languages
- Select Descriptive Video
- This setting will only appear if the program in question has a Descriptive Video Audio track
- This method is not permanent and your set top box will revert to non-descriptive video audio the next time it is turned off then on
Permanently use descriptive video:
- Select Menu button on your remote
- Scroll to and select Settings and press OK
- Scroll to and select Audio and press OK
- Select Audio Language and press OK
- Select Descriptive Video and press OK
- Select Save and press OK
- Select Exit to return to your TV
Note: if you have set the descriptive video to on in the menu and want to turn Descriptive video off temporarily follow the quick method above:
- Select the Options button on the remote
- Select Audio Languages
- Select English
Descriptive video will be turned off until the next time the STB is powered on or the above steps are redone.
Note: Currently only a limited number of programs have Described video. To find out which programs have a descriptive video audio track on now and up to 5 days into the future go to: http://www.ami.ca/dvguide