Get a second office phone number with Smart Ring
How to get another number with a distinct ring on your office phone
Smart Ring service gives you a second phone number on your existing phone line.
Long distance charges apply to both numbers and are based on the plan you have on your TELUS Office Phone plan.
- A distinctive ring will alert you to calls to your Smart Ring number
- It shares the same line as the primary line
- If you also subscribe to Call Waiting, a distinctive beep lets you know that a second caller is phoning your Smart Ring number
- To use a fax machine with a distinctive ring, a compatible fax machine needs to be configured. Refer to your owner’s manual for instructions
If your telephone is using a custom ringtone, the phone will play its own tune rather than the Smart Ring tone. To fix this:
- Go to your phone ringer settings
- Deactivate the custom ringtone and set the ringer to a setting that is compatible with distinctive rings
- Refer to your telephone user manual for directions on how to change the ringer setting
Using Smart Ring with a fax machine
If Smart Ring is being used for a fax number, make sure you have a compatible fax machine. Consult your owner's manual to see if your fax machine is compatible and how to set up your fax machine for Smart Ring.