Secure Business: TELUS Secure Business mobile app or web portal
Information for using the TELUS Secure Business mobile app or web portal
About the TELUS Secure Business mobile app
You can use your TELUS Secure Business mobile app to do the following:
- Manage your security system remotely
- Arm and disarm your security system
- Cancel an alarm
- View up-to-date information on your location, such as what sensors are open or active
- View any recent activity
- Live-view your video devices
- Access your recorded videos
- Control your location by activating rules or scenes
- Set up and manage your notifications
Learn how to use the basic features within your Secure Business mobile app. You can also take a virtual tour of the app at any time.
Take a tour of the TELUS Secure Business web portal
In addition to the TELUS Secure Business mobile app, there is also a TELUS Secure Business web portal. You can use your TELUS Secure Business web portal to do everything you can on your TELUS Secure Business mobile app in addition to creating rules and scenes for your business.
Arm or disarm your system
- From your mobile app or web portal dashboard, select Security System
- If your system is not armed, select the shield icon to Arm
- As you arm your system through the mobile app, any devices that are currently active (i.e. a door is open, or a motion sensor is active) will be automatically bypassed
- Your system will arm instantly, without exit delay
- See a full list of active icons from your home screen
- Once the system is armed, select the shield icon to Disarm
Cancel an alarm
In the event of an alarm, a Cancel button will appear on the home screen of your Secure Business mobile app for 90 seconds. If the alarm is false, you can press and hold Cancel for three seconds. After canceling any alarm from your mobile app, apart from a police intrusion, you will receive a call from the Central Monitoring Station to ensure you and your business are safe. Cancelling an alarm within the app will disarm your system. You can rearm your system at anytime within the app.
Only users with Master level permission can cancel an alarm from the Secure Business mobile app.
Note: An alarm can only be cancelled or verified from the Secure Business mobile app every five minutes.
On your mobile app, any sensors that are currently open will be bypassed when you arm your system. To see a list of all the sensors that are active or open, check your panel card.
Set up personalized notifications & alerts
Your TELUS Secure Business system makes it easy to set up alerts makes it easy to set up alerts letting you know when a user accesses your business. These can be set up in several ways – always know when employees arrive at work or ensure deliveries are made on time. Additionally, you can create no-show alerts. These are ideal for regular service providers like landscapers or cleaners. Get notified when they arrive and when they leave, as well as one if they fail to arrive.
There are several other types of alerts you can create for smart access control, including Geo-Services alerts which lets you know if you've left work without arming your security system, or locking your doors. When you receive one, you can simply secure your business remotely through your Secure Business mobile app.
Have you ever left your business location, and questioned whether or not you locked your front door? It happens to all of us at some point or another. Fortunately, your TELUS Secure Business system allows you to set reminders, so you’re never in doubt again. A reminder based on your schedule or location ensures that you always keep your business safe and secure. Here's how to set up reminder that lets you know if you forget, and enables you to secure your business remotely with one tap on your phone.
Set a new notification:
- to your TELUS Secure Business account and go to the Notifications tab
- Select the New notification button
- Choose your notification type, and choose from a wide range of pre-customized reminders
- Set your notification time preferences
- If you have Geo-Services set up, you have the option of triggering the alert when you leave your business's geo-fence
- Set your notification days and add recipients
- Save your notification
Grant access to employees and visitors with unique user access codes
Your TELUS Secure Business system allows you to grant unique user codes for employees and trusted guests. These codes securely allow your visitors the freedom to come and go without sacrificing security or control. Each code is unique and works only during the times you assign. For example, employees can come and go during their assigned shift.. On the other hand, trusted managers can get access to your business anytime in case there's an emergency. You can also create user codes which expire.
You can create new users and access codes on the Secure Business mobile app and TELUS Secure Business web portal.
The door lock has evolved and gone keyless. Forgot your keys? Having deliveries made to your business while you’re away? No problem! Through the use of access codes, your locks will work together with other devices to allow your employees and guests secure access to your business. Lock or unlock the door from anywhere right from your smartphone.
Remote instant access
Consider the common scenario of a service appointment scheduled at your business"between 11am and 3pm". You can take time off from work, or with your TELUS Secure Business Security system, you can get on with your busy day. When your service person calls your mobile phone, remotely unlock the front door and disarm the security system so they can get to work. Additionally, you can access a live video feed of your businesses interior to ensure the job is going as planned. Then, when they leave, simply re-arm the system and lock the front door.
Manage emergency contact information
Learn how to manage emergency contacts, phone number and verbal password on.
How to manage multiple accounts on your TELUS Secure Business app
You can manage multiple Secure Business accounts or systems with one Secure Business app. This is useful if you use or share a team member’s accounts in a different business for example, or if you have another location or several where you may have Secure Business.
How to link an alternate account in your Secure Business app
On Android or iOS:
- Log in to your Secure Business app
- Open the menu on the left-hand side of the screen
- Scroll down and select Login information
- At the bottom of the screen, select Linked systems
- Tap the + Add button, and enter the username and password of the alternate account you would like to link
- After you’ve entered the login credentials for the account you would like to link, select Next
- Verify that the account you’ve added is the correct account, and tap Confirm
How to switch back and forth between alternate accounts in your Secure Business app
On Android or iOS:
- Log in to your Secure Business app
- Open the menu on the left-hand side of the Secure Business app
- At the top of the menu, you will see the name of the current system you are logged into. If you would like to switch systems, tap the small white arrow which will reveal other accounts you have linked together
- Select the account that you would like to switch to
- You can follow the same process to switch back to another account
On iOS, you can also toggle between multiple accounts by taping the system name displayed at the top of your home screen on the Secure Business app. You’ll then be able to select the system name for those that you have linked when the list of systems appears.