Tips on Identifying Spam
How to figure out if a suspicious message received on your device is spam
Report spam using the “spam” button in your webmail or forward the email to
- Be suspicious of email received from people or organizations that you don’t know. If you have not interacted with them, it is unlikely anything they send to you will be legitimate
- Don’t always trust emails with a URL, especially if they are shorteners imbedded which makes it hard to tell where it really goes
- Be suspicious of unopened attachments included in messages from business organizations
- Never give information which is being requested by email, such as login credentials. If you’d like to follow-up for more information, go directly to the company’s website and contact them through there
- Verify the email domain to ensure that it matches the company that the email claims to be sent from
- Install to protect your devices
- Regularly check your junk mail folder so that you can retrieve any email messages that are valid. Right click to mark it as “not spam” to improve the filtering going forward
- Unsubscribe from unwanted email distribution lists
Go toto learn more about staying safe in a digital world.
Visitfor more information.