Reconnecting your Indoor Camera to the internet
Follow these instructions to reconnect your Indoor Camera to the internet.
Important: If you want to modify your camera’s network settings, you can update them via the web portal if the device is still connected to power and is currently connected to an existing internet connection. If your camera is not currently connected to the internet, please follow the instructions to reconnect your camera to an existing internet connection.
Before you begin, make sure you have your Wi-Fi network’s name and password handy. If you have existing TELUS internet services, learn how you can easilyfrom the TELUS My Wi-Fi app.
Modify your camera’s network settings through web portal
Watch this helpful video and follow along with these instructions to modify your camera’s network settings through the web portal:
- Log in to the
- Select Video
- Select Settings
- In the Video Device dropdown menu, select the camera you would like to modify settings for, then select Wireless Network
- To enter the new settings:
- Select Copy to copy the network information from another connected camera. This is recommended if there are other cameras on the account already connected to the new Wi-Fi network
- Select Scan to scan for the network, enter the Wi-Fi password, and connect the camera to a new Wi-Fi network
- Select Manual to manually enter the network’s SSID, Wi-Fi password, and encryption type
- To apply the same wireless settings to all other cameras on the account:
- Select Advanced
- Check the box to Apply these settings to all wireless cameras on this account
Note: This setting only applies to other Indoor or Outdoor Cameras on the account that are currently connected to an active internet connection. Doorbell Cameras must be reconfigured separately.
Reconnect your camera to an existing internet connection
If you get a new router or you change your Wi-Fi credentials (i.e. your network name or password) on the existing network, you will need to reconfigure your camera’s settings as explained in this video and the following instructions.
To reconnect your Indoor Camera to the internet using the Access Point (AP) Mode, follow these steps:
- Hold down the WPS button on the back of the camera and release when the LED begins to flash white (about 6 seconds)
- Join the Alarm (XX:XX:XX) Wi-Fi network from your mobile phone or on your computer
- While connected to the ADC-V723 Wi-Fi network, go to in your browser and follow the on-screen steps
- Select language
- Select Scan for Wi-Fi Networks
- Select the Wi-Fi network you would like your camera to connect to
- Type in your Wi-Fi password as the security key, then select Save
- Select Ok when a pop-up window appears asking you to refer to the installation instructions. Your camera will continue to connect to your Wi-Fi network and the LED will be solid green when complete
Note: If your camera’s LED does not turn solid green, reboot the camera and try these steps again.
If your router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) – a wireless network security standard that tries to make connections between a router and wireless devices (cameras) faster and easier – you can also reconnect your Indoor Camera to the internet using the WPS Mode by following these steps:
Note: If your router is located far away from your camera, we recommend you recruit a second helper to complete these steps with you.
- Find the WPS button on your router
Located at the back of the booster
|TELUS Wi-Fi Hub (TWH)|
Located at back of the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub
Located at the front of the gateway
- Find the WPS button located on your Indoor Camera and hold it for 2-3 seconds until the LED light on the front of the camera begins to flash blue
- Next, press your router’s WPS button for 5 seconds until the light flashes on your router
- Wait a few minutes for the router and camera to connect to each other. The Indoor Camera’s LED light will flash then turn solid green if successful