Transfer your phone number to a new device or account
Use any Canadian number with your TELUS account, including landline numbers
You can transfer any existing phone number to your TELUS Mobility account, including numbers from other carriers and landline numbers. You can request a number transfer during the online checkout process, or after you have received your device and have set up your TELUS account. Your existing phone number will replace your temporary TELUS number once the transfer is complete.
Before you begin
Before starting the phone number transfer process, please ensure that:
- You have an active TELUS Mobility account
- The area code of your existing phone number matches your local service area
- The number you intend to transfer to TELUS is active
- If you’re transferring your phone number from a consumer or business account to TELUS, you may receive a text message from your previous service provider to authorize the number transfer. Keep your old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the message. If that’s not possible, ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
Important: Please do not cancel your account with your previous service provider until your number is successfully transfered to TELUS. Once the transfer is complete, your previous service will be automatically cancelled.
- If your phone number is a non-TELUS mobile number, the transfer process may take up to 2.5 hours
- If your phone number is a landline number, the transfer process may take up to 2 business days
Transfer your number to TELUS Mobility
To request a phone number transfer during a new activation, please complete the Phone Number section on the checkout page if your existing number is from a Canadian carrier other than Koodo or Public Mobile. Follow these steps to begin the process:
- Select the checkbox marked “I would like to bring my current number from a different service provider”
- Enter your existing phone number
- Select Verify
- Once verified, enter your previous service provider's account number or PIN code
- Select the checkbox marked "I am authorized to transfer phone numbers and to cancel my account from my previous provider." Select Continue to continue to the payments page and complete your order.
- For additional security, your previous service provider may send you a text on the number you’re looking to transfer, to validate that you want the transfer. Please follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the transfer.
- To complete the transfer, once you receive your device, please call 1-877-868-3587 or 1-877-TO-TELUS from the number (TELUS SIM) you want to transfer and select option 2. This will automatically complete the transfer.
If you have a Koodo or Public Mobile number that you would like to transfer, please do not select the checkbox marked “I would like to bring my current number from a different service provider”. Simply select your city in the phone number section of the checkout page to get a temporary TELUS number. Then, follow these steps to request a transfer through My TELUS once you receive your order:
- Log in to or register at
- Go to Plans & Devices and select the number you want to change
- Select Manage your phone number
- Select Transfer your number
- Submit all required details, including the number you want to transfer
Check the status of your transfer
You can track the status of your request by following these steps:
- Log in to
- Go to Plans & Devices and select Device
- Select Status of number transfer
Transfer an existing number to a Certified Pre-Owned phone
Please ensure that you have the right SIM card for your Certified Pre-Owned phone, as SIM card types vary between devices. Please note that you will also remain responsible for any outstanding device balances after transferring your number.