Activate data on iPhone or iPad
How to set up and activate data on your Apple device
Not your device?
Turn on your iPhone or iPad and follow the Setup Assistant. The Setup Assistant walks you through the setup process, including connecting to a Wi-Fi network, signing in or creating an Apple ID, setting up iCloud, turning on recommended features such as Location Services and Find My iPhone, and activating iPhone.
You can also restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup during setup. To set up your Apple device via iTunes:
- Ensure that the latest iTunes is installed on your computer
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using the USB cable that came in the box or a compatible cable
- iTunes will start automatically and will prompt you to install an update to the carrier settings
- Select Update Settings
- iTunes will install data, SMS and Voice services onto your smartphone
- Navigate to Settings > General > About. Ensure that Carrier is listed as TELUS
Learn more about setting up anor .
Note: TELUS cannot provide technical phone support for non-TELUS phones. After unlocking a phone, your warranty may no longer be valid.