Our sustainability culture
We believe that part of being sustainable means listening to and considering the expectations of the people and groups we impact, or who impact us, through our operations. Fostering these relationships is critical to the ongoing success of our business.
We are committed to integrating stakeholder engagement and related outcomes within our governance, strategic planning and decision-making processes, as well as our operations. We also rely on our stakeholders to provide a diversity of input that helps inform our sustainability strategy, validate material issues and identify emerging issues.
The following is a non-exhaustive prioritized list of various groups that we consider stakeholders for the purpose of our sustainability strategy:
- Customers, employees, shareholders, debt holders, Board of Directors
- Governments, NGOs, suppliers and strategic partners
- Community partners, responsible investment organizations, Community Board members
- Indigenous peoples and their communities
- Credit rating agencies, sustainability indices and rating agencies
- TELUS alumni and retirees, Community Ambassadors
- Peer organizations, academic organizations and media