Our sustainability culture
Our team members are the foundation of our business and drive our success as a globally leading telecommunications company. Our culture is anchored in our TELUS leadership values which were created by our team nearly two decades ago. Our team lives these values each and every day to create remarkable outcomes for our communities, protect the planet for our children and promote a highly engaged and high-performing team.
We recognize that our competitors may attempt to replicate our product and service offerings; however, our remarkable corporate culture, with its resulting business outcomes, has taken years to build and is extremely difficult to emulate. The TELUS team is a collaborative network of skilled team members who are committed to driving remarkable human and social outcomes in the communities where our team members live, work and serve.
TELUS is committed to drawing from a candidate pool that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. TELUS’ commitment to diversity and inclusiveness is a defining feature of our culture. Our team members have made it clear that this commitment is an important aspect of what makes them proud to be part of the TELUS family. Our vision is to be a global leader in diversity and inclusion with a pipeline of top talent reflecting the diversity of our customers and communities at every level of the organization. These different perspectives, experiences and ways of thinking enable us to elevate our team members, spark innovation and inspire our customers.
We are committed to increasing the presence of underrepresented groups within key areas of our organization. We are raising awareness of gender diversity within the business and technology fields, and providing a platform to support the next generation of diverse leaders and champions.
- Achieved 85 per cent engagement (a one per cent increase over 2017), placing our organization within the top ten per cent of all employers globally
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the tenth consecutive year
- Named one of Association for Talent Development’s (ATD) BEST organizations for the 13th year and named Best of the BEST organization for the fourth year. This award recognizes organizations that demonstrate enterprise-wide success as a result of employee talent development.
Work Styles continues to keep our team members engaged by providing them with flexible work options that promote balance between their work and personal life. The ability to work in the office, at a mobile site or at home offers the following benefits:
- Increases engagement, productivity and business results
- Differentiates us in attracting and retaining top talent
- Reduces our environmental impact
- Provides significant cost savings for our company and team members.
Additionally, through our sales teams, we offer Work Styles solutions to organizations seeking to transform their culture through best practices that promote flexibility and work-life balance.