TELUS commitment to security
How TELUS protects your information
We use industry-leading best practices, a strong internal culture of security, and cutting edge technology to safeguard your information. Examples include:
- Firewalls – software and hardware products used to define, control and limit access to TELUS websites, networks and computer systems. Intrusion Detection systems are also used to detect and identify potential intruders.
- Encryption – TELUS requires the use of a browser that supports 128-bit encryption to browse or log-in to our website. You may notice a small lock icon appearing in your address bar or that the address bar turns green. This confirms that your browser is using a secure connection (HTTPS) to communicate with the site.
- Automated Time Out – this feature is enabled on select areas of our website to help reduce unauthorized access to your account(s). After 30 minutes of inactivity, you will be automatically logged out from your current session.
- TELUS Team Members – all TELUS team members are trained on the importance of security and privacy as well as best practices to uphold them. TELUS call centre agents will always verify your identity using the information we have on file before ever discussing your account in detail. It’s important to remember that a TELUS agent will never:
- Ask for your web login password
- Send unsolicited emails containing links to other webpages
- Send unsolicited requests to download software
If you’re ever uncertain if you are speaking with a TELUS agent and/or if you have received an email or a phone call that seems suspicious, do not reply or share any information and contact us directly.