TELUS is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, committed to environmental stewardship and responsible corporate citizenship. We deliver on our future friendly brand promise and care for the planet our children will inherit by managing the environmental impact of the innovative technology solutions we provide to Canadians.
TELUS’ values are reflected in our commitment to:
Fulfill our environmental compliance obligations which include:
- legal requirements; and
- voluntary requirements endorsed by our senior leaders.
Protect the environment and prevent pollution using standards, procedures or other controls and by minimizing:
- energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions;
- waste generation; and
- spills and releases.
Continually improve the Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance through:
- establishing environmental and sustainability objectives, targets and programs;
- regularly reviewing performance with senior management; and
- disclosing our performance in TELUS' Sustainability Report
Build an environmentally future friendly culture through education and communication, where:
- the importance of environmental protection and sustainability is respected at all levels of the organization;
- dialogue and sharing of ideas are encouraged and supported;
- team members, including contractors performing work on behalf of TELUS, understand and embrace their roles and responsibilities related to this Policy and the Environmental Management System; and
- team members engage, collaborate with and learn from stakeholders including customers, suppliers, investors, regulators, industry members and the public in order to minimize any adverse impact on the environment.
Adopted 1997 Last revised November 2017 Approved by the TELUS Board of Directors
- Sep 2015 – Corporate Social Responsibility Report was renamed to Sustainability Report