TELUS Accessibility Policy
Organizational commitment to accessibility
TELUS is committed to delivering on our brand promise – the Future is Friendly®. Putting our customers first is an integral part of honoring this commitment. Customer First is our foremost corporate priority and guides our efforts to become the most recommended company in the markets we serve.
As part of this, TELUS is committed to:
- Ensuring that our products and services are accessible to all our customers
- Ensuring our customer service policies and processes respect and promote the dignity and independence of all customers
- Promoting the values of Diversity and Inclusiveness among our employees and to support a work environment where all individuals, including those with varying abilities, are treated with dignity and respect.
As part of our Customers First focus and our commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness, we are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner.
Legal obligations and standards
Some TELUS operations within the TELUS group of companies also have legal obligations to address accessibility issues or have standards to aspire to.
The sources of these legal obligations and standards include:
- The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) and other applicable accessibility legislation in Canada
- The regulations of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), including the Broadcasting and Telecommunications Regulatory Policy (CRTC 2009-430) and the Wireless Code
- Web-related standards, including the Government of Canada's standards on Web Accessibility and Web Usability, and the World Wide Web Consortium’s WCAG 2.0, level AA standard
- Human rights legislation.
TELUS’ accessibility strategy and Multi-Year Accessibility plan
For those TELUS operations to which AODA applies, TELUS has developed a Multi-Year Accessibility Plan to provide a catalogue of the steps that TELUS has taken to date and a road map for the steps that TELUS will take in the future to prevent and remove accessibility barriers. This Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed regularly and at least once every 5 years. TELUS will put into place appropriate strategies to meet the needs of people with all levels of ability. These strategies include:
- Communicating with customers with varying abilities in ways that best meet their needs
- Enabling persons with disabilities who use assistive devices or who are accompanied by a service animal or support person to obtain, use or benefit from TELUS’ goods and services
- Incorporating accessibility criteria and features when procuring goods, services, self-service kiosks or facilities
- Providing accessible websites and web content
- Providing an inclusive and accessible workplace
- Providing accessibility training to its employees
- Meeting these commitments in a timely manner.
TELUS is committed to providing excellent customer service and welcomes customer input to improve the accessibility of products and services. We offer a variety of ways for you to provide feedback. Please include your name, telephone number, any alternate contact information and your questions and/or comments.
A TELUS employee will follow up and respond within 5 - 10 business days. If you have a complaint, it will be addressed according to our standard complaint management process. Feedback shall be accepted in accessible formats and with other communication supports as required.