TELUS Drive+ explained
Learn more about TELUS Drive+
NOTE: As of February 16, 2021, we will no longer sell TELUS Drive+. However, service will be maintained for existing customers and will receive notice should this change at any time.
TELUS Drive+ keeps you connected while you're driving by simply adding a line to your existing share plan.
It has two components:
- TELUS Drive+ device, which plugs directly into your car
- TELUS Drive+ app, which collects information from the device and tracks things like your car’s location and your driving habits, plus provides diagnostic alerts so you can make sure your car stays in good shape
TELUS Drive+ also lets you turn your car into a Wi-Fi hotspot and connect up to 5 Wi-Fi-capable devices at once.
What cars work with TELUS Drive+
TELUS Drive+ works with most gasoline and diesel engines plus hybrid cars manufactured for use since 1996.
Note: The TELUS Drive+ device is not compatible with most electric (EV) and plug-in hybrid cars. Some diesel cars may not provide complete and accurate data regarding fuel efficiency.
Tip: If you have multiple compatible vehicles, you can use one device in multiple cars or you can have a separate device for each car, all connected to the same app. If you move the device from one car to another, the app will start collecting real-time information from your current car while also showing you the previously collected information from your old car. Remember to turn off your car every time you plug or unplug your device.
Installing the TELUS Drive+ device
The TELUS Drive+ app will show you how to locate your on-board diagnostics (OBD II) port and how to install the device.
A few things to remember:
- Make sure your car is turned off when plugging in or removing the TELUS Drive+ device
- You are responsible for ensuring that the device is installed securely and properly
- Once the device is installed and your car is turned on, TELUS Drive+ will start working to collect data from your car. This should take a few minutes
Our step by step Quick Start Guide explains how to properly setup the device.
The device, communication and app include security protections.
- The device only reads information from your car
- It cannot send information to affect your car’s computer or change the way your car works
- All data communication between the device and the app occurs over a cellular Virtual Private Network (VPN), which provides security against unauthorized third-party access to those communications
TELUS Drive+ data collection
The TELUS Drive+ device collects certain information from your car that could prove useful to you:
- Your car's location (using GPS)
- Reports on common car issues, captured through Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
- Battery level
Note: The type of information about your car may vary depending on the make, model and manufacturer. While the majority of the features will remain consistent, if your car isn’t providing a particular piece of information then you won’t be able to see it in the app.
As the TELUS Drive+ device consumes your monthly shared data, you will continue to receive data usage notifications to your smartphone as your shared monthly data is depleted. Your data notifications will be sent to the primary account holder on your share plan and any other subscribers you set to receive data usage notifications. You can set which mobile phone subscribers receive data notifications and the applicable notification thresholds using Data Manager online at telus.com/MyTelus or in the My TELUS app.
For more information on data usage notifications, see the support article on Data usage notifications for mobile device.
Note: When the TELUS Drive+ Wi-Fi is turned off, the device still uses a small amount of data for the vehicle tracking portion of the service. This small amount of data will deduct from your monthly shared data whenever the car is driving. Depending on how often you drive, this data usage is typically within the range of 10 to 30 MB per month, and should not exceed 50 MB per month.
Tip: The TELUS Drive+ Wi-Fi hotspot uses your monthly shared data when devices are connected. Smartphones are typically set by default to download and install updates when connected to a Wi-Fi network. To ensure smartphones do not deplete your monthly shared data, you should avoid connecting them to your TELUS Drive+ Wi-Fi network or ensure you turn off Download updates automatically when connected to Wi-Fi network in your device and Google Play or App Store settings.
Effect on your car battery
The TELUS Drive+ device has an internal battery and also goes into sleep mode when your car is not being used, which will help prevent battery drain. Please be advised that if you park your car for a long period of time (eg. several weeks), you should unplug the device to conserve battery power.
SIM card compatibility
The device will only work with a TELUS Drive+ SIM card. The device, app and all of its features are designed to work with a TELUS Drive+ rate plan. Your TELUS Drive+ SIM card will only work in the TELUS Drive+ device and not in other devices like smartphones, internet sticks or tablets.
Warning: Never use a SIM card from another device, like a smartphone or tablet, in the TELUS Drive+ device. The SIM card will not work in other devices once it is inserted into the TELUS Drive+ device.
OBD II port
The on-board diagnostics (OBD II) port is the same port that mechanics use to diagnose car trouble and engine problems. You can usually find it beneath the driver’s side dashboard near the steering wheel. Check your car’s user manual if you have trouble spotting it.
Your car’s Wi-Fi hotspot works just like your home’s Wi-Fi network. There’s a default network name and password that’s on the device and glovebox card. You can also change them from the app. Only people who know the password will be able to connect.
Tip: The vehicle’s engine must be on as the device must be awake to change the Wi-Fi settings in the TELUS Drive+ app. Since you are changing your Wi-Fi settings, make sure you are not currently connected to that Wi-Fi otherwise you will be disconnected
You can connect up to 5 Wi-Fi-capable devices at once to the hotspot, such as smartphones, tablets and laptops. Wi-Fi hotspot helps prevent your smartphone or device battery from draining. Once set up, enjoy the convenience of connecting all of you devices automatically to your TELUS Drive+ Wi-Fi when you hop in your car. Plus, Wi-Fi hotspot allows you to keep several devices connected for 1 monthly fee (TELUS Drive+ rate plan).
TELUS Drive+ now includes complimentary Roadside Assistance for all new and existing TELUS Drive+ customers.
The service is provided through our premier roadside assistance partner, with a service network throughout Canada and the United States. The 24-hour support centre is staffed by bilingual roadside assistance advisers, who will dispatch roadside support from our trusted fleet of drivers.
TELUS Drive+ Roadside Assistance includes the following services at no additional cost:
- 24/7 access to Roadside Assistance for up to 4 services each year starting on your TELUS Drive+ activation date
- Towing (up to 25 km to a service centre)
- Emergency fuel delivery up to 5 litres. The vehicle must be out of fuel prior to the request for service
- Battery boost service
- Spare tire installation
- Vehicle unlock
To qualify for TELUS Drive+ Roadside Assistance, you must:
- Have an eligible vehicle
- Have downloaded the application (version 3.5.3 or greater) on a compatible mobile device
- Have activated the service through the application and accepted the TELUS Roadside Assistance user terms
- Be a current TELUS Drive+ customer and your TELUS Drive+ account is in good standing
With your active TELUS Drive+ rate plan and an eligible vehicle, you can access TELUS Drive+ Roadside Assistance in 3 easy steps:
- Download the latest version of the app
- Accept the TELUS Drive+ Roadside Assistance terms and conditions
- Complete the in-app on-boarding tutorial
To request Roadside Assistance:
- Click the Services button located in the bottom menu on the home screen
- Then click Roadside Assistance. This will take you to the Roadside Assistance home page
- Simply hit the Call Now button to speak to our bilingual roadside assistance advisers
It may take up to 24 hours after you agree to Roadside Assistance user terms in the application before you can begin to use the service.
For additional help with TELUS Drive+ Roadside Assistance, please see the FAQ page.
Getting additional help
You can contact us just like any other TELUS Mobility service. Simply dial *611 from your TELUS mobile phone.