Activate your TELUS email account
Follow these step-by-step instructions to activate your TELUS email powered by Google.
The process will take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes depending on your specific setup.
Here’s what you will need:
- Your TELUS email address. For a complete list of all your TELUS email addresses, go to My TELUS, select Internet, then select Email
- Your TELUS email password. If you don’t remember your it, you can reset your TELUS email password using My TELUS.
Step 1: Sign in with your TELUS email credentials
- Go to mail.google.com/a/telus.net
- Enter your TELUS email address and select Next
Step 2a: Select the screen you see after entering your email address
- Select Choose an account for the next steps if you see Screen A on your device
- Select Enter your password for further instructions if you see Screen B on your device
Step 3: Accept Google's user terms and conditions
- After reading Google’s terms and conditions, select Accept
Note: This is a technical requirement. TELUS’ terms of service will still apply to the use of your TELUS email account.
Step 4: Confirm your account recovery confirmation
- Update or confirm your recovery information.
Tip: This will help you to easily reset your password if you ever forget it. If you had already provided this information prior to your account upgrade, simply confirm this information is still current
Step 5: Change your password
- This step is required to meet our new security requirements.
Your setup is complete
Congratulations. Your upgraded TELUS email account is now activated.
Important: Your email is now accessible on a web browser at mail.google.com/a/telus.net. Please bookmark this page for future access.
If you use email programs or apps to access your email, you will need to complete some steps to get your email working on those programs.