Referrals and direct billing for injured workers
WorkSafeBC Provider Portal
Enhance service for British Columbian injured workers by streamlining communications with WorksafeBC. With the WorksafeBC Provider Portal, contracted providers can:
Receive referrals easily. The patient management system automatically sends referrals. WorkSafeBC will match you with patients in your region.
Simplify reporting. You’ll be able to submit both reports and invoices directly through the portal. No paperwork required.
Reduce business costs. With streamlined communications and less paperwork, you’ll be able to increase efficiency.
How to register
- In order to register, you need to be an official WorkSafeBC contracted provider.
- Register for a personal BCeID. Note: each user in your practice must have a unique BCeID. To get started, visit BCeID.
- Once we receive confirmation of your accreditation from WorkSafeBC, we’ll email you an electronic enrollment form and provider agreement. Follow the steps in the email to complete your registration.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email within 5 business days of submitting your enrollment form and provider agreement. Once it’s received, you can begin using the portal.
Download user guides
Why do you need a Personal BCeID?
You’ll need a Personal BEcID to log on to the WorkSafeBC Provider Portal. Once you decide which individuals in your organization will be using the Portal, they will need to obtain their own ID. Next, complete and submit the TELUS Health enrollment form. It must be returned to us by the deadline specified in the package. Additional users can be added at any time after the initial registration is complete.
2. How do you get a Personal BCeID? Go to www.bcied.ca/register and select “Register for a Personal BCeID.” Follow the instructions provided. The process should take approximately 10 minutes.
3. Which staff need to get a Personal BCeID? It depends on how you do business in your clinic. Keep in mind: the three main processes available on the Provider Portal are:
- Referral receipt and scheduling
- Submission of clinical reports for referrals
- Submission of invoices related to referrals
Also note that it’s against government security policy to have anybody share their Personal BCeID.
4. Can I convert a Basic BCeID to a Personal BCeID? How do I do this? Yes, you can convert a Basic BCeID to a Personal BCeID. Start the online registration process for a Personal BCeID, and you’ll be asked if you have a basic BCeID that you wish to convert.
5. Can you still access the same services after converting a Basic BCeID to a personal BCeID? Some government online services that accept Basic BCeID will also accept your converted personal BCeID and still recognize that it's the same account. We recommend contacting online services you require directly to confirm.
6. What if your practice is based in Ontario? If your practice is based in Ontario, please register for the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board eServices for Ontario.
Here’s what the WorkSafeBC Provider Portal can do for you
Simplify managing referrals
Receive referrals from WorkSafeBC directly through the Provider Portal. Take advantage of the user-friendly interface to schedule referral appointments.
Easily share clinical reports
Benefit from a simple solution to tracking patient progress. Complete your clinical reports and electronically submit them to WorkSafeBC.
Submit invoices online
The WorkSafeBC Provider Portal will reduce the hassle of invoicing. Contracted providers can electronically submit invoices for services provided to patients.
Get the most out of the WorkSafeBC Provider Portal
A training video explains how to create an account for the WorkSafeBC providing an overview of basic functionalities.
More solutions for allied healthcare professionals
Register with WorkSafeBC
To take advantage of the WorkSafeBC Provider Portal, you must first be a contracted provider and then register directly with WorkSafeBC.Register now
Need more information?
For inquiries about the WorkSafeBC Provider Portal speak to a TELUS Health representative.
Call us at:
Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (PST)
For general information contact WorkSafeBC directly.
Already using the WorkSafe BC Provider Portal?
Access your account.