What is credit monitoring, report and score?
Learn about Credit Monitoring, Credit Report and Score features
Note: This article applies to TELUS Online Security Standard, TELUS Online Security Complete and TELUS Online Security Ultimate plans only.
One key feature of your plan is Credit Monitoring.If a change is made to your credit report with TransUnion and/or Equifax, you will receive an alert by email or in your LifeLock for Norton 360 mobile app. These alerts are important because they notify you so that you can determine if the changes are legitimate or fraudulent.
If you suspect it’s due to fraud, contact NortonLifelock Member Services & Support Agents for 24*7 customer support.
How do I complete credit monitoring enrollment?
There are 2 ways you can complete your credit monitoring enrollment:
- Create a new NortonLifeLock account using your enrollment email from TELUS, or
- Sign in to your , navigate to the ID Theft Protection tile on the main dashboard and proceed with entering your personal information
- Follow the step-by-step instructions by entering your personal details and answering some questions
Pro-tip: You will receive a confirmation message when you have successfully set it up.
Tell me more about my credit report
TELUS Online Security Standard, TELUS Online Security Complete and TELUS Online Security Ultimate customers will have access to their credit report from TransUnion. Knowing your credit history is important because it may affect your creditworthiness.
Pro tip: With TELUS Online Security Standard you can pull your credit score and report, once a year compared to TELUS Online Security Complete and Ultimate, with which you can pull it once a day.
Where does my credit score come from?
Your credit score is calculated based on a variety of factors, including those listed below. Your score is based on a credit score model from CreditVision provided by TransUnion.
Here are factors that affect your credit score:
- Payment history, such as late payments
- Delinquencies and public records (e.g. bankruptcies, judgements, etc.)
- Balance to limit ratio (owing too much)
- Length and history of credit accounts (the longer the better)
- Too many new accounts (opening accounts in a short period of time)
Pro tip: Upgrade to TELUS Online Security Complete or TELUS Online Security Ultimate and use the One Bureau Credit Score Trend feature to help you identify important changes and see how your credit is trending over time.
No one can prevent all cybercrime or identity theft.
* If your plan includes credit reports, scores and/or credit monitoring features ("Credit Features"), 2 requirements must be met to receive said features: (i) your identity must be successfully verified with TransUnion, and (ii) TransUnion and Equifax must be able to locate your credit file that contains sufficient credit history information. If these requirements are not met you will not receive credit features from the bureaus. You will receive Credit Features once the verification process is successfully completed. Any credit monitoring will take several days to begin after your successful plan enrollment.
** CreditVision credit score is based on TransUnion data. Third parties may use many different types of credit scores to assess your creditworthiness.