These instructions explain how to disable the Wi-Fi network running in the background of your Boost Wi-Fi network through your Wi-Fi modem.
To disable your home Wi-Fi network, complete these steps:
- Connect to your modem's Wi-Fi network.
- Launch your web browser.
- Enter the following into the address bar: 192.168.1.254
- From your keyboard, press the Enter ( Return ) key. The admin login screen is displayed.
- To log in, enter the following information:
- Username: admin
- Password: printed on the side of the modem under GUI Access (unless you’ve changed it)
- The home screen is displayed. Select Wireless Setup. The Basic Settings screen is displayed.
- Change the Wireless Radio field to Disable to turn off your Wi-Fi network.
- Select Apply to save your changes.