Home phone voicemail setup
How to create a password, select a greeting and access your mailbox
Your mailbox number is your 10-digit phone number (your area code followed by your phone number).
First time set up: Home phone
- Pick up your Home phone handset, wait for a dial tone, then dial *98
- When asked to enter your password for the first time, enter your 10-digit phone number
- Follow the recorded instructions to:
- Create your permanent password. Your password must be 4 to 15 digits long. Choose a password that is hard for others to guess. Avoid using repetitive and sequential numbers such as 1111, 1234, etc.
- Next, choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone
Note: To protect your privacy and security, TELUS recommends you do not select this bypass option. If you choose not to bypass password, please press * when prompted.
- Record your name
- Record your personal greeting. This greeting is what callers will hear before they leave a message for you
- Your mailbox is now ready to use
Tips: You can also check messages and manage your mailbox settings online, including forwarding your voicemail to your e-mail online. Please refer tofor additional steps.
Star and pound keys
Use the star and pound keys on your phone when you are in your mailbox to:
- Pound key (#): Complete an entry or skip instructions
- Star key (*): Return to a previous menu
- Star key twice (* *): Exit your mailbox
You can choose which greeting callers will hear when you're unavailable:
- Personal greeting: This is a greeting that you record using your own voice. Your greeting may be up to 60 seconds long
- Standard system greeting: If you don't want to use your own greeting, you can use the standard system greeting which will tell callers you are unavailable
Accessing your mailbox
You have 3 easy options to access your Home phone voicemail:
- To access your voicemail from anywhere you get email, to e-mail notifications. This is great for use at home, or away from home
- To access your mailbox from your Home phone, wait for a dial tone, then dial *98
- To access your voicemail when you are away from home:
- If you are in Canada, call your 10-digit home number, or call 1-844-310-9898 toll free. Press star (*) during your greeting, then enter your password
- If you are outside of Canada, call your 10-digit phone number, or call any of the below voicemail access numbers (international long distance charges may apply). Press star (*) during your greeting, then enter your password:
Aidez-nous à améliorer cet article
Veuillez évaluer votre expérience